Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does this seem normal? With the air filers off and the ports blocked if i slide the right slider open the engine coughs and dies, but the left has no effect opening it. when i twist the throttle a both open equally.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi it one carb is drawing more than the other you need to sync the carbs

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i sync'ed them within 1 hg

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

I would have thought the air flow at idle would be limited to the throttle plate. Therefore, the sliders would not come into play.

Syncing them adjusts the air flow only, right.

I would guess that maybe an idle screw adjustment and or vacuum leak somewhere, but I still would not think the sliders come into play at idle. If itidles fine, sliders operating fine, and accelerator pumps squirt(s), you may just choose todo nothing.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The idle fluctuates about 100 rpm. but yesterday i was working on it and a found that when i sprayed carb cleaner under the left carb the idle would jump from 1000 to 2000 for about 4-5 seconds then back down. also if i partially cover the left carb opening the idle goes up. also if i hold the left slider open the fluctuation goes away. if i partially coverthe rightit almost dies (as it should i think). so i thinking now i have a vacuum leak under that left carb.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

cheque that the clamps on the islators are tight

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

yea i took the spacers out and tightened them

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ok I found vac hose under left carb very porous replaced and now both sides react the same, covereither and it almost dies. Idle fluctuation 90% better but still a slight flucuation almost unnoticable. Some other vac lines are porous.I thinkI will just replace them all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.