Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 96 1500 and the clutch lever does not engage until almost all the way out. Where is the adjustment on the travel so that it is tighter? Thanks for any help!

·
Pwhoever
3,162 Posts
imported post

It is a hydraulic clutch so there basically is no real adjustment. Usually the problem is air in the line or contaminated fluid. When is the last time is was bled or the fluid changed? The fluid should be changed at least every 2 years. If it's been a while, you may have to rebuild the slave unit which isn't too expensive. And if it's been awhile, I would first start by changing the fluid and bleeding.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

One other possibility-- is the handle wobbly? Since the clutch lever is used way more than the brake lever you can wear the pivot hole and this will result in less 'plunge' on the plunger when depressed.
Bleeding/flushing is always a good idea, way easy and way cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I would suggest installing a speed bleeder also. Makes changing out the fluid eaiser and you can do it more often.

·
Pwhoever
3,162 Posts
imported post

rpeters549 wrote:
One other possibility-- is the handle wobbly? Since the clutch lever is used way more than the brake lever you can wear the pivot hole and this will result in less 'plunge' on the plunger when depressed.
Bleeding/flushing is always a good idea, way easy and way cheap.
Good point. I didn't think about that.There is a bushing in the leverthat can wear out. Either way, it is a good item to replace. It is part #22885-MB0-006 and is #2 in the diagram. It is a little pricey and will cost close to $10...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.