Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys looks like there is a problem getting these bulbs its not a unique bulb to the goldwing and was fitted to many bikes as a headlamp bulb in the 80s my old suzuki GSX 400T had one thats how i found out when one went on my 1500 soon as i saw it i got one from my stock of suzi stuff

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?k=HL-777025

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Those look like the ones that came stock on the SE's with cornering lights. The one's that jimsjinx had are the ones from the aftermarket showchrome driving light kit. Just out of curiosity, will those fit the aftermarket setup? I rewired mine and put them on a seperate circuit but they are only 18 watts. The 25/35W would give me a slightly more light which would be great in the visibility department.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Yes they fit my aftermarket lights, but not nearly as bright as those halogen bulbs.I ordered 4 from Goldwing country Monday, no big brown truck yet. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The halogens are definitely better, I fitted them to a GL1500 recently. You can see the two filaments in the attached picture and when one filament blows you can rotate the bulb and use the other one, although it's a bit fiddly lining the contact up properly. Or you can do as some people have done and bridge the two contactsat the end of the bulb that connectsin the holderso both filaments light together. The only problem with that is it cooks the bulbholder after a while.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I've got 2 of those brand new sitting in a drawer in my garage. They are 35/35 watt. I got sick of changing them every week so I changed the sockets in the lights and now run 13 watt Xenon LED's with an 1156 base.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Wear did the socket come from and how much trouble to make it fit the cornering lamp reflector. Please enlighten us more, sounds interesting

Thanks
DCrain
1500 1989

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.