Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do I service my CruiseControl devise on my 1988 Gl 1500 with 104k on the clocks?

I was driving on the freeway today andthe cruise control was set at about 120km/h. It was going up and down a bit and then just started to increase speed after a couple of jerks. It was still on cruise control and went past the 140km/h mark before I disengaged it. I know it is not supose to go beyond 129km/h but mine was creeping up and up till I disengaged it. (I think it would have gone up to max if I didn't stop it.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Thanks

Renier

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

You made it to 140kmh??? THAT IS GREAT!!! That equals 87mph for us USA folks. The first thing I'd think of with the jerks is speedo cable.

For servicing there's the
FOAM FILTER
36532-MN5-005 That's located under the left shelter (where the CB mounts and the reverse lever is)
and lubing then adjusting the cruise cables. Sometimes the buttons on the handlebar switches will stick and lubing them with silicon lube will usually help. You should pull the speedo cable out from the bottom and lube the metal inner cable. Spray silicon lube works good. If there are shiny spots on the metal cable it might be seizing. You can replace the inner cable separately or the cable complete. Other than that it's pretty much maintenance free.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Wrong area for this, it should be in the technical forum. This is only for feedback for Honda chaps, lets keep it that way please.
A moderator might be good enough to move it please.

·
1,716 Posts
imported post

As rayworx say - first thing , on that year off model , = be sure the speedocable is well lubricated , and works perfekt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.