Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would like to confirm a helpful post by Hugh regarding a relatively very inexpensive fix for a dying fuel pump.

On my 89 1500SE the symptoms came and went as the fuel tank level fell and rose. With low gas level, the bike would fail to start, or die while riding.

Changed the Gas-Filter, Air-Filter and rebuilt the Petcock (why not); then finally the Fuel-Filter.

With a few hundred miles on it, I'd like to thank Hugh and Berry.

The only change I would do it go for the Delco fuel screen verses the Carter as it's just seems more robust. Do your shopping for a 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX (not LXi) fuel pump.

http://www.berrysweb.com/1500_fuel_pump.htm

Cheers.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the tip. That is a good link. I've recommended it to a few folks the past months. Glad you got er'.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I am glad it worked for you! But I can not take the credit. The credit goes to those who first posted the fix. Hope to see you on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Great!!! What an economical alternative and with new parts.

I too bought the same pump, but it is shelved to be a spare replacement when the other fails.

I agree thatfree screenin the box ispoor quality.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

I went on a 9,730 mile trip from Pennsylvania to Oregon, to Louisiana and back home this summer. The trip took 7 weeks. When I hit the Arizona desert, the temperature was over 110 and the bike started having vapor lock type issues. It took 6 hours to ride 100 miles. After leaving the desert, the bike ran fine again until Louisiana when it started acting like it wasn't getting fuel again. I had replaced the fuel filter in Billings, Montana and bypassed the bank angle sensor in Arizona. I followed the instructions and replaced my fuel pump with the Honda Accord pump and so far the pump is working perfectly. The help and money saving tips on this forum are fantastic.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.