Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been corresponding with a man from Europe who has been tinkering with the display screen on a 1500 ... he has it for sale and I'm interested for it looks to be a turn key job... I'm not advertising for the guy just like to know if anyone seen anything like this ... he even gave me a pdf file to show how and what to do ... He says when the radio isn't on the 1500 Goldwing logo displays ... would appreciate any feedback
IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG
... I'll try and post a few pictures ... would appreciate any feedback

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
Beautiful work he did.
I remember reading about his project many eons ago, apparently he got it done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He ask me for advice on what we call things in the USA.. its a turn key setup

·
Administrator
26,581 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that mean you just remove the old display and plug in the new one?
yes... he has a detail manual that come with it... its a turn key unit...he says money back if your not happy and a lifetime warranty

·
Administrator
26,581 Posts
OK, I thought you were talking about making the thing yourself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh no Dave... I didnt make it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been corresponding with a man from Europe who has been tinkering with the display screen on a 1500 ... he has it for sale and I'm interested for it looks to be a turn key job... I'm not advertising for the guy just like to know if anyone seen anything like this ... he even gave me a pdf file to show how and what to do ... He says when the radio isn't on the 1500 Goldwing logo displays ... would appreciate any feedback View attachment 324476 View attachment 324476 View attachment 324477 ... I'll try and post a few pictures ... would appreciate any feedback View attachment 324478

View attachment 324476 View attachment 324477
His email address is [email protected] for more questions than what I can answer

·
Administrator
26,581 Posts
Oh no Dave... I didnt make it
I knew that. What I meant was I was under the impression from what we discussed earlier it was a do it yourself project.
Knowing it's a plug & play I can install it.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500se . . . 2003 VTX1800R
31 Posts
Really interesting. Would be cool to have something like that. Any idea on the price range?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really interesting. Would be cool to have something like that. Any idea on the price range?
What was told to me from the maker... using PayPal $416.97 or 343 euro's ... money back if your not happy and a lifetime warranty

·
Registered
458 Posts
Where does it get the info that it's showing? Must be some other parts that you would have to install.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
Where does it get the info that it's showing? Must be some other parts that you would have to install.
I agree, the package must include some sensors to provide all the extra info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir your right all parts that are needed comes with it ... if you IM and give me your email... will send you the installation PDF

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The cost using PayPal is 343 euro's or $418.39 ... that changes due to money exchanges

1 - 15 of 15 Posts