Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

All,

I have read many times in this forum that when greasing the splines on a 1500 with molly to check a dust boot and if the boot is ripped to replace it. Can anyone direct me to the part number or a picture of it? I am getting ready to grease my splines and have no idea what to look for.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
imported post

Get the boot made for the Valkrie. Has a larger knuckle area, and holds up better. Boot is at rear of engine where driveshaft begins. Very good idea to grease the splines front and rear with Honda 60 Moly paste, (or anything with a high Moly content) if you don`t know when it was done last.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

Valkyrie part # 52104-MZ0-A40 (Item #8 below)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
imported post

What year did Honda make the correction to the 1500? If they did make a correction.
I had a 99 that had a tear in it. I now have the 2000.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
imported post

To my knoledge, Honda never did put the Valkrie boot on the 1500 Gold Wing. Works good though.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
imported post

I read where Honda used the later u-joint on the early Wings if the joint failed. Then, after some miles were put on those bikes, Honda had to replace the boots as the u-joints were wearing holes in the boots. I just got a new u-joint from Honda FOR MY 88, and I think the part number showed it for a Valk. (I will check).

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.