Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi members, I have had my 1500 2 years now. I found when i rode it the front forks were hard and went full travel when braking,. My mate who was a bike mechanic suggested Progressive springs in the front. He fitted them and put a spacer made out of 1 inch dia steam pipe and about an inch long on top of the springs to raise the height. It was worse so I bought the XTraction springs from America ( supposed to be better than Progressive ) for the 1500 Goldwing and he fitted them with those spaces again. The bike rides smooth over normal road bumps but when its like corrugation or sharp bumps, it hits hard and bangs!! Its noisy and feels terrible. Could it be those spacers that are on top of the springs? I have the right oil levels in the forks.I have run out of ideas. Any input would be appreciated. Cheers, Glen

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Your 'mate' isn't much of a knowledgable'mechanic' when it comes to suspension. He's cost you a pretty dollar with his mistake!!. Get those spacers out of there!!

Only needed with the stock springs! None needed with the progressives. This gives you way too much 'preload', producing a harsh ride.

Both you and your mate should read this. - http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/112695.html

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
imported post

Check your stem nut and steering bearings. Sounds like something might be loose or worn, and makes that bang sound when the suspension is suddenly and completely unloaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.