Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just had a major service done on the bike and what a difference that has made :).

However, it was pointed out that I will be needing in the near future a complete new exhaust system:(Question is where can I get one from at a reasonable price:?Cheapest I have seen is £644 inc VAT and postage:shock: That's a full stainless steel :cool: one by Motad.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Full Motad system from David Silver spares is about the cheapest available.
Care needed when fitting though as it has a tendency to push out the nearside exhaust pipe cover so far that the sidestand return spring can foul on it.You can add a spacer to the collector box mounting to force the system slightly over to the RH side.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

stevehmagentase wrote:
Full Motad system from David Silver spares is about the cheapest available.
Care needed when fitting though as it has a tendency to push out the nearside exhaust pipe cover so far that the sidestand return spring can foul on it.You can add a spacer to the collector box mounting to force the system slightly over to the RH side.

Regards Steve

Steve,

Thanks for that and it is but is doesn't include P&P so will be just a tad more expensive than the £644 system :shock:

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
218 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Worth giving David Silvers a ring, since they sometimes have a deal going on that doesn't show on his Web site.

I had the Motad one from DS and it was good quality and sounded very similar to stock.

:waving:

if you aren't in too much of a rush, you might want to watch ebay for a bargain and little fear of bidding against Koxxy, his is already Motad!!!:shock:;)

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
if you aren't in too much of a rush, you might want to watch ebay for a bargain and little fear of bidding against Koxxy, his is already Motad!!!:shock:;)
Not in too much of a rush and so glad to hear that Knoxx4 won't be in the competition he always wins what I am after :cheeky1:Maybe easier just to give him the money so he can just bid :dude:, that way I would get it cheaper :D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well when you do bite the bullit Adrian, don't forget to buy the gaskets and the studs and nuts, all of which are specific to model. ( as in the 1500)

If you are going to tackle it yourself, plenty of penetrating oil soaked into those studs before you even think about trying to get them out.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Well when you do bite the bullit Adrian, don't forget to buy the gaskets and the studs and nuts, all of which are specific to model. ( as in the 1500)

If you are going to tackle it yourself, plenty of penetrating oil soaked into those studs before you even think about trying to get them out.
I will get my mechanic to do it for me, at a cost :shock:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Ah ha!! you are like me then.... Kentucky fried, through and through!!!!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Ah ha!! you are like me then.... Kentucky fried, through and through!!!!:cheeky1:
If it had been the old 1100, I would have done it all myself :clapper:but not with my 1500 baby :cool:she needs that extra special looking after that I can't give :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Ah ha!! you are like me then.... Kentucky fried, through and through!!!!
If it had been the old 1100, I would have done it all myself :clapper:but not with my 1500 baby :cool:she needs that extra special looking after that I can't give :cheeky1:
Piece of cake!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

stevehmagentase wrote:
Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Crezz wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Ah ha!! you are like me then.... Kentucky fried, through and through!!!!
Piece of cake!!
Remind me Steve, how far is it from Rotherham to Crezz's house in Wigan. :clapper::clapper::cool::action:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

60 miles :action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
60 miles :action:
A lovely Saturday morning ride I do believe. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.