Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

in case i wanna put h4 xenon on my 1500, what kind?
someone in the forum wrote xenon does not work good on the 1500? interference with radio and also something else?....

in any case...ho do these two alongen bulbs works? they both have two filaments and once i high beam there is only one working but if i put high lights both? or only the other one??

i am a bit confused about it and this is also why i do not understand if these h4 (both of them) have to be sobtitute with a bi-xenon or this which is an alogen xenon bulb?

http://www.google.it/imgres?q=h4+xe...art=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&tx=62&ty=42

on top of this....my corner lights are not always running but the po sattled a siwtch in the left fairing pocket..., it means it doeas have a relay already correct??

any idea if a plug and play xenon bulb does exist for this?

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

Answer to the second question first.
Without inspecting the load on the switch and comparing the amps to the light vs. a relay and without checking for a relay assumptions cannot be made.

A relay if installed and working would create a slight time delay from the switch turned on to the lights coming on. You may hear the relay click. A stuck relay a broken relay and an intermittent fuse, connection, switch within the relay all could cause the light to not come on. Even a bad source or bad ground will cause this.

A switch alone could be used but that switch must be able to handle the load as the relay must. Also both switch and relay must handle the heat from a light + the heat in their surroundings.

Turning a light on/off must be handled by the switch without degrading the contact area as would a relay. DC power is hard to switch on/off and the relay and switch must be rated DC. An AC switch must not be used.

As far as the lights go.

I do not read Italian and for that I apologize. But this may help http://www.tomacarparts.nl/Downloads/pilot4.pdf

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if installed correctly, they all come with a harness and relays to be connected directly to battery . no noise or interference on the sound system unless also there is something wrong with it, bad grounds and such...

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I am using H-4 bulbs, stock wattage, but they are Silverstars. Same wattage so not issue with current draw, a lot brighter than the old ones. I do not have the adapter disc things so I just bend off the two smaller tabs. NO issues at all with aiming or anything.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Dave that's a really great price on eBay. It makes me wanna buy a set. What temperature did you go with? I'm thinking 5000k or 6000k. In his eBay pics, the 5000k appears to be the very brightest.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

I got the 5000K, I am more interested in light than looking cool. I have them in my 1800, my 91 Honda accord and just ordered a set for my 94 chevy truck. With my old eyes I need all the help I can get and regular halogen headlights are just not getting the job done.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

pippomaranga wrote:
in case i wanna put h4 xenon on my 1500, what kind?
someone in the forum wrote xenon does not work good on the 1500? interference with radio and also something else?....

in any case...ho do these two alongen bulbs works? they both have two filaments and once i high beam there is only one working but if i put high lights both? or only the other one??

i am a bit confused about it and this is also why i do not understand if these h4 (both of them) have to be sobtitute with a bi-xenon or this which is an alogen xenon bulb?
Getting around to answering your original questions.
The xenon HIDs will not interfere with your radio if you get the slim digital ballasts.

The halogen bulbs have 2 filaments and when on low beam they use 1 filament, when you switch to high beam the low beam goes off and the high filament comes on.

They do not have to both be replaced with bi-xenon but why not do both? The kits come with 2 sets.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Same here. If I wanted to "try" to look cool, I'd be riding a Harley. I think I'll get a set of the 5000k. You mentioned the kit coming with two sets. That's an interesting thought. Did you use both sets in your 1800?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

thanks for your help but seams something is missing in here?

the 1500 has an h4, so if you simply use an h4 xenon....the high beam will not work for the simple reason that a xenon bulb has a fix light.

am i wrong? this is why i posted the link with a xenon that has also an alogen on the side.

and yep....we do have xenon in here since long time but isn't legal, but many use it anyway lol.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

The H4 xenons have a solenoid that changes the position of the bulb to give you both low and high beams.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
The H4 xenons have a solenoid that changes the position of the bulb to give you both low and high beams.
Dave, I think pippo may be right. I think you do need bi-xenons. Not sure how you did it without bi-xenons. Go to the link you provided and read the listing. It clearly states that they are NOT for hi-lo beams and to look at his other listings for bulbs requiring hi-low beam feature.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

kemoloney wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
Dave, I think pippo may be right. I think you do need bi-xenons. Not sure how you did it without bi-xenons. Go to the link you provided and read the listing. It clearly states that they are NOT for hi-lo beams and to look at his other listings for bulbs requiring hi-low beam feature.
My bad, I just copied the first one I saw with H4 in the title. 1800s use H7s so I didn't have that issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.