Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 1500A keeps blowing the fuse on hi beam only. Does anyone have any idea where to start searching for the problem?

Ted

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
Start with the bulbs, if it has those 100 watt bulbs they may be more than the circuit can handle.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Mine did that, due to broken Switch for the Hi/Low beam... the break could only be seen with the switch removed and disassembled... revealing a broken side-plate, that allowed the electrical contacts to connect improperly, causing a short.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine did that, due to broken Switch for the Hi/Low beam... the break could only be seen with the switch removed and disassembled... revealing a broken side-plate, that allowed the electrical contacts to connect improperly, causing a short.
I haven't looked to see what size bulbs I have but it just started doing it this year. The fuse only blows when i am on the road. I tried using the Hi Lo switch severial times and the Hi beam still works. Did yours do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...The fuse only blows when i am on the road. I tried using the Hi Lo switch severial times and the Hi beam still works. Did yours do the same thing.
Mine worked ok for both High and Low beams... but intermitantly, when switching from one to the other, it would blow the fuse to the headlights.

Due to the broken side plate (on the switch), the electrical contacts would somehow mis-align (connecting to each other in way that they are not supposed to), causing a short.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
I haven't looked to see what size bulbs I have but it just started doing it this year. The fuse only blows when i am on the road. I tried using the Hi Lo switch severial times and the Hi beam still works. Did yours do the same thing.
The 15A fuse is for both low and high beams, something isn't right. When fuse blows you get no hlight at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.