Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is on here somewhere but i can't seem to find it now. what is the headlight bulb replacement number that i can go to the auto parts store and get?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
9003 H4.

Most, if not all, are the 60W/55w type.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

There are two of them, replace them both so you don't have to do it again when the other one blows. They loose their brightness over 2 or 3 years anyways.

Despite the price, I use Silverstar Ultras. They have been in my 97' 1500 for three years.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
+1 on the Silverstars. I use the basic ones though since they are almost as bright and cost less, available everywhere.
And yes, regardless of the bulb you choose, replace them both.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I am using the bulbs from HF and like them fine, since April when installed they have done great and light the road really good for me to see the deer here!

I think they were only $7 each and HF has a coupon always for 20% off any one Item

This month if you can find it is 10, 15, 20 % of an entire purchase depending on amount but I only have the one that was mailed to me and plan to use it soon LOL.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Buy them any place but a Honda dealership! My local shop thinks they are made of gold!! They want $32 for one of them!!! :shock:
I told the guy...I can order them from Cyclemax for $7!! His reply was..Then you had better get them there.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Buy them any place but a Honda dealership! My local shop thinks they are made of gold!! They want $32 for one of them!!! :shock:
I told the guy...I can order them from Cyclemax for $7!! His reply was..Then you had better get them there.

Yup- Kinda like the running light bulbs in the lower cowl. $6-7 everywhere but Honda, who charged me (once) $18 per bulb.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,630 Posts
I also go with the super bright Siverstars.

Simply because I value the extra "sight distance" far more than I do the little bit of extra cost.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
I also go with the super bright Siverstars.

Simply because I value the extra "sight distance" far more than I do the little bit of extra cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.