Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi to all i was thinking about getting piaa light bulbs for my 99 1500 se but someone said on that year they may not make that much differance. This does not sound right but before buying thought i would aks and see if anyone has any ideas on this they told me that on that year sometimes the way the headlight reflected the light the piaa bulb may not look that much brighter. Have been looking at the site and seems like you guys know your stuff and thanks.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
591 Posts
imported post

I have a 98 1500 and I put in H4's, had to get the adapter rings that several places sell to adapt the standard H4 bulb to the Honda socket. Got lots of light at night.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good help here.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I just use Silverstaer H-4's. Very bright light, stockish wattage so all is happy.
Welcome to this wonderful and informative site!

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Anything 98 or newer must use the adaptor rings if you are installing the H4 bulbs or something like those as mentioned before....I bought H4's and put in my 93, big difference!!! I was lucky though and found some 95/100w bulbs that really light up the road, havent been able to find any more of them either so wishing i would have bought more when i found em...Good luck...

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

I have a 97 SE and installed Silverstar Ultra H-4's a couple of years ago. They are very bright and much better than stock. As stated, your 98' will require the shims to use the H-4's.

I don't ride much at night so the Silverstars are good enough for me. If you do a lot of night riding you might want to go to HID's. I just ordered 3 sets of them for my 2003 Mazda Tribute and my Son's Ram 3500 and Ford Freestyle.

Cost $90.00 per kit including shipping.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

At night they seem to work fantastik, and I do not even have the shims.
Low beam is normalish (still considerably brighter than stock), but high beam shines bright and quite far down the road. Very good since I live about 20 miles from any real town of over 1000 people. I ride at night pretty frequently, either to or from (or this time of year, both) work. Rural roads so high beam used a lot.
I though of ordering the HID H-4 kits, but for the cost I can not see that there will be that much more light, and replacement H-4 are available everywhere from the auto part store to Wally-world.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Anybody have a source for the aforementioned adapter rings??? I'd be using PIAA bulbs on a 2000 GL1500.
Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.