Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why it was so much easier with my 1200 (maybe because it (the heel-toe-shifter) was already installed. But anyway, I put a heel toe shifter with floorboards on my 1500. Then when I tried to reach back to the kickstand, I kept knocking it out of gear. So I thot enough is enough & cut the back piece of the shifter off so at least now I can get to the kickstand.

But 2 problems: I don't have a whole lot of room to put my foot under the shifter when wanting to gear up & getting at the right brake pedal is now more difficult bcuz the floorboard is so close to it. It seems |I have to keep my right foot on a bit of an angle just to touch the brake pedal. Pressing down on the front brake pedal is even more difficult.

Is there some kind of an extension available to the front brake pedal (to make it come out to the right a little more or shud I just weld an extension on there?

Also, any siuggestions on how to get at the shifter a little better?

Thank you

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
McGiverism .........I custom made my setups .........

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
What brand floorboards did you get? What year is you bike?
Are extensions available - no. You'll have to make your own

You know that if you have a 88-96 1500 the transmissions have been known to loose 4th gear from a weak shift fork and there are many posts on the floorboards being linked to the failures as most riders will rest their foot on the heel/toe shifter between shifts, putting pressure on the shift forks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.