Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running down the highway doing 65 to 70 my 95 1500 skips a beat. It happens in less than a second. It is like a split second of lost power and back on. It was about every thousand miles or so but now more frequently.Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
First guess is a failing kill switch. If you rest your hand on top of the switch does it get warm?

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Just a few things in addition to Mike's post about the kill switch::

1. Are the battery cables tight...???

2. Does it happen when hitting a bump or (rough place) in the pavement.....???

3. Has any work been done in and around (behind) the right fairing marker light (like on top of the right fan)....???

You could possibly have a faulty/loose connection at a connector feeding power to the Kill switch.....!!!

You could possibly have a faulty BAS. However, you have a 1995 and the BAS issue was during the 1988 - 1993 years.

Just a few extra thoughts........!!!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never considered the kill switch but that is what feels like. Off and right back on. I will check that circuitry.It happens on smooth roads usually. I have had the right lower fairing off, I will check those connections.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Tony, Another thought...............

Has it ever happened when running down the highway with the Cruise Control engaged....???

If so, did the Cruise Control quit working.....???

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony, Another thought...............

Has it ever happened when running down the highway with the Cruise Control engaged....???

If so, did the Cruise Control quit working.....???
I never use the CC so no it is not in use

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Is it a total shut down or just a loss of power?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can not tell if it is a momentary loss of engine power or an electrical issue or the drive train jumped a cog.I mean it is less than a second.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
I can not tell if it is a momentary loss of engine power or an electrical issue or the drive train jumped a cog.I mean it is less than a second.
Your engine needs three sources to run (electrical power, fuel and air).

I suspect you have fuel and air.....!!

I suspect your issue is "electrical power"....!!

I am attaching the voltage flow for your 1995 Gold Wing.

While there are several things that could be causing the issue, I would first suspect items # 6 and # 7 before other items.

There are two wires on the Kill switch. Check if they are clean and tight.

A loose/faulty connection at # 6 or # 5 could also cause the issue.

Then go from there......................

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts