Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok heres the deal. I pulled carbs cleaned reinstalled. Now I have a problem that wasnt there before. It will pull through all the gears like a banshee. But when I hit about 65 or 70 and set cruise or hold it, it will fluxuate about 3 mph. If i feather it when it is doing it I can open it up full throttle and it will hesitate then take off like it should. When the cruise is set at 65 it will fluxuate, 65 down to about 62 then it will pick itself back up to 65 then back down. I dont think its the carbs I cleaned all the jets very well. Im thinking its a vacuum problem somewhere since it was not there before I pull the carbs and the hoses. Any chance it could be fuel pump? I am lost for ideas. I know i am tired of pulling the carbs that i do know. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Could the air shot valves or cruise valves ave anything to do with it by chance? I am going through them as i speak thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi on the shot air valves each has its own hose to the carbs you havent crossed them by chance they are numbered so it must make a differance and have you chequed in the window on the left fan you can see the marks on the cruise cable to the carbs make sure its lined up right or you havent routed the cable in a wrong way

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Have you checked the fuel filter? I changed mine (it was full of junk, I am assuming from running SeaFoam, cleaning stuff from the tank, and it sitting for a while before I bought it). It fixed my high speed (65mph+) problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.