Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new LCD assembly thinking they would all interchange & found out they won't. My wiring harness has a 20 pin plug & teh new one has a 10 pin & a 14 pin plug. I got the wiring harness from a site member & don't remember what year he said it was from. Anybody know what year assembly I need? Thanks, Andy.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Lope, I don't know the answer to your question but I think if you looked at OEM fiche pictures you could figure it out.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
If its just that your LCD that is defective you can just swap out the display portion. Been there and done it. Much wiser than messing with the plugs.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fiche is the same for all the years, one of the few times Honda didn't change something every year. Didn't have a video screen to change, upgraded form an Interstate to a SE so had to change out the instrument panel. I ordered a display to fit a 2000 but it's plug has a 10 pin & a 14 pin plug. My harness has a 20 pin plug. Wondering if switching the wires from the new to the old would work or do I need to get in touch with a warehouse & have someone verify which part I need.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
do I need to get in touch with a warehouse & have someone verify which part I need.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Good luck with that. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know Dave, but a guy can dream. Figured out where I got the wiring harness & sent a PM. Maybe he can remember what year the harness was.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Call Western Honda. They'll figure it out for you.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm a nimrod! After going back out to the garage in the daylight & not thinking I needed to rush I took a better look & it will work. Have the meter cluster back in, will ops check it in a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.