Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somethig has come apart internally in the engine on my 98 SE. After searching the forum, the recommendations seem to be find a replacement as it is too expensive to rebuiltd the one I have, so I'm looking for a good motor to replace my broken one.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Hey Bashful!
Pops has the same problem with his 94SE. Last year, he bought 2 working 1500 motors. If he ever gets around to mounting one, I'm sure he'll be glad to sell you the other. I bet, if you were really froggy, he'd give you the one motor if you installed the other one for him!
(Just and idea)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I hope you find a GOOD engine at a low price. If not I have great engine at a high price LOL

Just joking! I rode out to CA. to buy a wrecked 99 parts bike mostly for the engine but I also wanted many other parts too, might build a project bike from it. I'd not be able to afford to sell engine for a decent price with what I have in it riding out and bringing it home, plus bike cost LOL
I did want to make the ride though so was wort it to me!

Do you have any plans for your junk engine though? I may rip apart my 95 SE engine and your 98 may have the parts I need, 4th gear stuff which was supposed to be fixed 97 and newer! If you plan to just junk it once you find a good one, let me know! I'd out and pick it up and pay a few bucks for it! Maybe not allot not knowing what is wrong with it, but I should be able to use the gears so more than scrap price anyway!

Let me know when your ready and hopefully have a new engine for yours.

I've not pulled and installed a running 1500 engine yet or I would offer to help out and we do a round about trade. Do his engine in bike to get you a good engine in yours, then I get a bad engine, and we all work it even LOL
I could help, but right now don't really know what I am doing so maybe not much help!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chromo, I haven't decide what to do with the old motor. I will probably let it go to a good home however. You are first in line. I need to get with SB's dad and see what we can work out. I found an motor at a wrecking yard north of Cinncinatti. It was running when they took it out and it only had about 45,000 miles on it that also sound promising other than the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.