Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After a long search and alot of advice and words of wisdom from our very own AZ, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on this old girl. 50,000 miles and too many option to even think about. Let alone stock seat and windshield that is part of package. Don't need the training wheels yet (and I stress "YET")and will be lookin to remove them for the 8 hr ride home. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

sure do look like a nice set up. training wheels and all. enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Absolutely beautiful bike! That would be my dream setup right there, Training wheels and all!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I see a Smart car in the background. That bike is almost as big as the car. Nice rig, but I agree, if it were mine, the training wheels would have to go. Except for an interest in sidecars, I'm 2 wheels all the way. A bike is supposed to lean over, and even if I wind up getting a sidecar rig, I will still have bikes that lean over.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

How long does it take to put on or remove those training wheels?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:applause::thumbsup::waving:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

flw wrote:
How long does it take to put on or remove those training wheels?

Website says 10 minutes. I'll let u know Sunday. :action:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
imported post

Well, I would have to keep those "training wheels".
One of these days, the 1500 is going to be too heavy for me.
When that happens, I will just adjust to the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Very nice, looks like a white knight with squire.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Well, I would have to keep those "training wheels".
One of these days, the 1500 is going to be too heavy for me.
When that happens, I will just adjust to the circumstances.

They are definitely gonna hang around. There will come a day.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Well not looking good this weekend. Can't find anybody to drive me out to OHIO!! Wifey has to work. Looks like I might have to t--- t--- (I can't bring myself to say it!!) I might have to use an alternative method to get her home. Please don't ban me from the site. I'm still tryin to find a way around it. (OH Say it isn't so Ethel) I just about used the T-word on here.Let's stick with alternative method for transporting new ride to home.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Just put a Harley cover over it and no one will even bat an eyelash. Then you can t---- ah, alternatively get it home.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

misteraubrey wrote:
Just put a Harley cover over it and no one will even bat an eyelash.  Then you can t---- ah, alternatively get it home.
One good thing is it's an enclosed trailer. Hate to start new relationship that way. Prolly will refuse to start when I getter home. Can't blame her though.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
imported post

:ROFL:

that 'T' word is getting used bit too freely here.... I agree, you are going to have to put blinders over her eyes so she can't see what is going on as she walks up that plank. :badgrin:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

It's painin' me guys. To think I have to roll that beast up the "plank" (as stated by AZ) There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel though. When I get back Saturday nite She Will Be Mine. Only people that knows there's a wing in that wagon is uz guyz. So if someone asks me if I'm haulin a WING in there I will Hunt you down!!! Cuz I know you told.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Well after 16 hours and darn near 1000 miles of draggin that T-- T-- (still can't say it). That alternative manner for which I was forced to get my new to me ride home with, I made it. Well actually a couple hours ago. Had to go for a ride. You know how that is.

She's one sweet ride!! Jury still out on the training wheels. Two obvious reasons other than no leanie on curves. It puts one h$%l of a flat spot on tire and rides like a log wagon on country roads where I live.

I can see as I age it will be a big benefit as the old knees get some wear and tear on them. But for now first thing in the morning they're comin off. Just have to remember to put feet down when I stop. Guess I'll only forget once, huh.

Well enough said. Gonna go clean bugs and drool off from tonites ride so I can get back out there tomorrow.:action::action:;)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

erwjww wrote:
It's painin' me guys. To think I have to roll that beast up the "plank" (as stated by AZ) There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel though. When I get back Saturday nite She Will Be Mine. Only people that knows there's a wing in that wagon is uz guyz. So if someone asks me if I'm haulin a WING in there I will Hunt you down!!! Cuz I know you told.
Think of it as "Carrying it over the threshold".........

Can't just jump on her and ride her on your first date anyways..... Dinner first! Fill her up. Bring her home give her a nice bath, rub her down..........

Make the relationship meaningful, she'll never let you down.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
erwjww wrote:
Think of it as "Carrying it over the threshold".........

Can't just jump on her and ride her on your first date anyways..... Dinner first! Fill her up. Bring her home give her a nice bath, rub her down..........

Make the relationship meaningful, she'll never let you down.
Guess I never looked at it that way. I feel better now. THANKS :waving:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.