Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ON MY 1500 my 1995 se i am about to change the oil and i was wondering: back then they were sugggesting to change it with a semi-syntetich....

now aday....? is it better to use a full syntetich? would it be better for the gear box and clutch or better to keep a semi'''?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Synthetic probably won't make any difference, apart from costing more. Good quality dinosaur oil is all you really need.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

BRowan wrote:
Synthetic probably won't make any difference, apart from costing more. Good quality dinosaur oil is all you really need.
some talks about bardahl
XTC C60 10W40
others the new motul 300v......others .....

i mean...., such an old engine, 6 cyl..., why in this world should need something so extreme??

others which complains about oils that are to much sleak....couz they say it makes the clutch slippery....

i don't get it...so far i usde motul 5100 but i feel the gear a bit rough....

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

well for what its worth, a friend of mine just turned 500,000 kms on his 96 se. all he has run is a 15 -40 turbo disel engine oil,since about 160,000 kms,problem free,he even has a spare engine he bought just have incase,its still sitting on the shelf.im running the same type,clutch safe,runs smooth,shifts normal. my thought is good enough for a 250,000 dollar disel engine ,good enough for my 1500. just an example for thought,meandred

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

The best oil is clean oil change whatever you use often and you engine will be happy
wilf

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Ditto wilf ., to keep it simple just think about how often most bikers change the oil ? Its usually exactly when they are supposed to or earlier. Considering that oil is now so highly engineered and of excellent quality you can rest assured that by following the manuals oil/filter change intervals and suggested grades etc. you will have no oil related problems whatsoever. Its usually forgotten engine air and fuel filters that cause trouble .

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It just depends on how much money you want to waste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.