Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A few years ago I purchased an 86 Aspencade and rekindled the 2 wheel love affair started many years ago. I an now thinking about getting a 1500 so I can enjoy the reverse gear. I understand there is a design difference after 92?? is that correct? I finally learned about the differences between the aspencade, interstate and SEI models on the 1200's, but what models are the 1500 going to come in and what differences are there between the models?? I see prices for some bikes of the same year are sometimes $1000 apart. any certain year to be extra cautious about? any info will be welcome and I will keep searching this forum back into time to see if there are answers there. Thanks in advance. deputyb

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

There were quite a few improvements over the years of the 1500 . Steer clear of the Interstate model if you want reverse . I'd say buy as new as your wallet allows . They are all good bikes though .

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

deputyb wrote:
A few years ago I purchased an 86 Aspencade and rekindled the 2 wheel love affair started many years ago. I an now thinking about getting a 1500 so I can enjoy the reverse gear. I understand there is a design difference after 92?? is that correct? I finally learned about the differences between the aspencade, interstate and SEI models on the 1200's, but what models are the 1500 going to come in and what differences are there between the models?? I see prices for some bikes of the same year are sometimes $1000 apart. any certain year to be extra cautious about? any info will be welcome and I will keep searching this forum back into time to see if there are answers there. Thanks in advance. deputyb
> Read this: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

I had a 1200 Interstate, now have a 99 SE, love the decision to upgrade and never looked back. Well worth the money.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I would get a 98 or newer. I have heard of 4th gear failer, and understand the 98 thru 2000 have a better tranny.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The main change in '92 was needle bearings in the rockers which made things quieter under the rocker covers. My '93 had 170,000 miles on it when I sold it and was running as good as new. It didn't use any oil between changes and was still averaging 40+ miles per gallon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.