Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody done this? Like going into the radio itself, and tapping into L+R line level channels. FM modulation is not the best way to get music squirted into the amp. Limited frequency range, and being a music lover, I can tell the diff. real easy. I will eventually go into the radio, and figure it out, but if somebody had the instructions, that would save what little gray matter I have left! LOL :behead:

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Not directly on point, but it may get you there. I saw a link on another forum to a discussion about linking aftermarket CBs into 1800s all the way down at the board level. I wouldn't be surprised if the folks engaged in that discussion had already messed around with 1500s and know what you're looking for.

Here's the link:

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36832&highlight=

Good luck. If you work it out, I'd sure like to know - I can't afford to experiment much on my daily commuter and don't have adequate electronic knowledge.

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I know someone who did this on a gl1500, ie he fitted a 2.5 stereo jack into the radio and was able to fit an mp3 player without buying an interface. I'll see him next week and ask what wires he had to splice into.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks, Allen and Jack. I appreciate the tips. I know the Interstate has a line in, cause there was no tape, But I don't know how they controlled it. Logic, or mechanical switch. Need to find a Interstate, and look.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

It's done by a switch where you can select AM / FM / AUX. This is on top of the radio.

Just one of the 4 rotating knobs on the radio where the SE has 5 knobs.

I've build an Carkit on my bike an an connection to an aftermarket transmitter/receiver, because I have no CB I use the wires used for the CB.

Ron.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.