Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i would like to fit rear speakers to my 1996 1500 aspencade is the bike already wired for them will?i need some sort of balance switch

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Maureen wrote:
i would like to fit rear speakers to my 1996 1500 aspencade is the bike already wired for them will?i need some sort of balance switch
No, the bikes don't have a balance control (except the 1200 LTD and SEI) but they do normally have a fader control for front and back balance. My 93 has the fader mounted on the bridge over the fork just forward of the radio. Some 1500's have them on the left fairing. Ifind the rear speakers of little use and almost always just run with the fronts on.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Maureen wrote:
i would like to fit rear speakers to my 1996 1500 aspencade.
Ifind the rear speakers of little use and almost always just run with the fronts on.
Hey Maureen :waving: It's not often that i agree with a "Guru" but exavid is 100% correct this time. :clapper: Rear speakers are a waste of harned earned money on both the :18red:and :15red::whip: but like the majority of women you probably wont take the advice of men. :stumped:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Maureen, you will need to buy a speaker kit with the fader. The connection plus is already under the saddle of the bike and the speaker kits comes with the wiring as well. You can mount the fader knob in thepanel that fits over the ignition switch, that seems to be the most popular option.

The guys are right, you can't hear the rear speakers when you are riding the bike, but the pillion passenger can. Hope this all helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.