Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 Aspencade clutch cable is hemorrhaging brake fluid. Tried to find guidance on the net but no help. What all has to be removed to replace the cable? Has anyone had to do this?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
looks like the side covers,seat,radio,false tank covers and the alternator is in the way too

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts
Pretty sure the hose is all 1 piece, would be a major job to replace. Probably something like this would be easier, they come in many different lengths.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Ron Ayers showed it one piece.you sure you have the banjo bolt and washers on correct,yours would be the first one I’ve heard leaking?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cable is clamped 2 places on the left fork and looks like it turns at the lower clamp to go to the rear of the bike. It is leaking at that turn. Hoping not to have to take off the fairing which I have never tried to do.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I suspect it was put on early in the build but I doubt the fairing,IT IS YOURS,meaning it might not go back in the location it is now.?

·
Premium Member
6,273 Posts
You keep referring to the cable and there is no cable but that's OK. We have figured out you mean steel line. The hydraulic clutch like goes through the bowels of the bike and very difficult to replace. That is why Dave made the suggestion that you buy the aftermarket line. See his post #4. Then you can just leave the old one or cut it off as you please.

To install the new one just connect the fitting at the master and slave. Then zip tie the hose in a place where it can't get burned by the exhaust or rub on something. Use the original clamps only where it is fairly easy to access. Save you a lot of work, sore muscles and headaches. Sells for about half of what Honda charges.

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Motorcycle Gear | Buy Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Parts, Tires & More
Sport Bike Track Gear. I don’t know why the link posted incorrectly.
I double checked where I ordered the cables and it was these guys. I got the rebuild kits from Saber.
As for reputations. I had great success with Randakks until he sold the business to the Motorsports shop in Florida. I bought the brake line hose kits for the 95 GL1500A and the 75’ GL1000. I was unable to check them out until four months later. I got screwed. Not a one of the hoses were correct for neither bike. They wouldn’t take them back or refund my money because it was more than 30 days. I bought with confidence because of my past success with Randakks for many years. The hoses from SportBikeTrack Gear cost more, however the tool for adjusting the fitting directions on the ends were included.
it has been nearly 3 years since I have dealt with any of them. Hard to tell what’s going on with any of them now.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the clutch cable on Amazon like dave0430 suggested. I just finished installing and bleeding, feels strong. Now to get the f*****g alternator back in. I have had it out and back in before and never gets easier, thanks honda. The only thing I would do differently would be getting the clutch cable about a foot shorter.

·
Administrator
58,946 Posts
I bought the clutch cable on Amazon like dave0430 suggested. I just finished installing and bleeding, feels strong. Now to get the f*****g alternator back in. I have had it out and back in before and never gets easier, thanks honda. The only thing I would do differently would be getting the clutch cable about a foot shorter.
Tony,
I have changed the title of the thread, it is NOT a cable, it is a hydraulic line.
so future searchers can find the appropriate threads, I renamed it.....
would appreciate it if you quit calling it a 'cable' which it is not, no Goldwings since the 1100s have cables on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts