Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My seat is torn on the front/sides where there is a lack of padding. I think thismust bea common problem with peoplelifting their legs overbecause you can'tswing 'emover the seat, especially with a back rest.

Has anyone tried replacing the cover with an aftermarket and did you have much success? I'm looking at this one:

http://www.mototourinc.com/mototourinc_files/rsc_gl15.htm

I found one that had the Honda emblem embossed into it like the original, but Ican't find the site again. Thought I saved it, but...

The stock seat is very comfortable in my opinion and I can't see spending $300-500 on a new one. I saw a custom Corbin on fleabay for $1k!I'd have to take it offand bring it in thehouse every night. I'mnot cheap,just frugal.

rob

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

A brand new seat from Honda Direct Line is about $200. I replaced my 93's seat with a 99 model because it is about a inch lower.

www.hdlparts.com

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I lookedmine upbut never thought about looking at other years. It says $330 for an '88. Your '93 replacement seat is listed for $177.:stumped:

For that price....and I don't have to play upholsterer-SOLD!

I see used OEM seats on fleabay going for $150-200+.
Are all 1500 seats interchangeable? If they are, why the price difference on Honda Parts Line?

Thanks,

rob

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

All 88-2000 model 1500 seats are interchangable. The reason you see inflated prices on flea-bay is because people are not smart enough to check out the manufacturer's web sites or other sites to see what the price for new oem parts are, and are willing to pay whatever to get what they need. The difference in prices at the Honda site is due to early models had a built in seat cover (rain cover) and had more material in the seat. The later models were a little thinner, with different padding to make them comfortable.:) I buy all my oem parts from Honda Direct Line. Just about anything else, I get from CycleMax.:cool:

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
imported post

If you've had both and being lower wasn't an issue, which is more comfortable on the behind?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I was reading your discussion about your seat cover, I have a 94 1500 with a slight rip in the seat, Ifound the site "Honda Direct Line, " but for the 1500 I did not find any replacement seats listed. I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

I personally found the lower seat from mother Honda to be more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I am considering the 1999 seat, I would like the lower seat and the price is actually better than the 94, even if it is only 10.00.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

If you're not in a rush to get one, I'd troll fleabay for a while. I got a good used one for under a hundred delivered.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I am looking at the 1999 I would like the seat a little lower, and I hear that this one is about an inch lower. I was noticing when I was looking on the parts list that it did not ask me for a color, I don't think all the seats were black that year, I may have to call and ask them about this before I order. The price came in cheaper than the 1994 at 221.00 as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.