Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I m hoping this is normal but the bike has ran all summer and never done this so my thought is no. I don't want to make a big mistake so I will wait for some input before I test ride the bike and see if the temperature comes back down to the 1/4 position were it has ran in the past . It does not pass the 3/4 mark so I assume I have not damaged anything at this point . It dose smell hot . Again I just road for 200 miles in 90 degree weather and this never happened . It has cooled down to 70 today when this started. Could this be a failing water pump or thermostat issue . The fans are coming on and the coolant level is fine . Anyone have any input . Thx, Jack. Ps , this is the greatest forum in the world . 1999 GL SE.

·
Honda Guru
2,079 Posts
imported post

When was the last time you changed the coolant? It's easy and cheap. First thing to try, I think.

There are other possibilities. Maybe the gauge is bad; maybe the thermostat is bad; maybe the water pump is bad; maybe there's a partial clog in the cooling system. But I'd start with fresh new silica-free 50/50 coolant.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Might be the rubber grommet tube into the reservoir tank has let go. Very common on these. Under the Left steering tunnel cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.