1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
imported post

I think they have the same problem with their 1800 Tour box lid organizer too......

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

I ordered a set a few years back... The left side was fine but I had to "finesse" the right side to fit. Fasten one corner loosely then the other corner was a tight stretch but it worked with a lil effort. Put the screw through the grommet and use a screwdriver to start the screw over the hole and tug it into place...

·
Biker for life
36 Posts
imported post

just ordered a set, but shipping coststo the UKare a killer!!!:whip:

oh well...... thanks for the link.......... :waving:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I just ordered a set. I will report back if they work out.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I had to talk to Cyclemax about an order HONDA supposedly messed up awhile back, OEM part.
Good friendly folks, helpful, polite, and nice to deal with.
After my call asking about my late part, they had to check with Honda, called me right back same day, I got my part a few days later!

One BOO BOO no big deal, I'll buy there again! Mostly after market though as I found my Local Honda dealer is cheaper than any mail order place for OEM Honda parts!

OEM Honda starter idler gear, about $32 or more total mail order, $25 with tax from local dealer.

Throttle cable, much MORE total mail order, $23 total from local Honda dealer!

If your local Honda Stealer is ripping you off on OEM parts, CALL West Plains, MO Motor Sports, Honda dealer for a price. Not sure the exact name off hand.
Look up a price online and it may show $32 for the cable, call or walk in and it's $23 for cable local, or $24 for gear local. If they have to ship I'm sure more. But point is the price for part is cheaper from this dealer than ordering online fro anywhere else I found so far for OEM.
Being local I could have had my gear for about $10 less and in 3-5 days max, instead of paying more and a foofoo taking weeks longer.

Though local my throttle cable was only $23 out the door, I needed it right then, I had another shop put a new cable in my old housings/fittings and it cost me $10 and bike running that day again, not waiting till this coming Tuesday. So I rode a nice trip this weekend instead of waiting till next week to have a cable LOL

Local 50 mile away dealer is best on OEM parts for me price and time wise, but a real STEALER for after market parts!
If you need chrome etc.. go online perhaps, if you need OEM try local dealer, then if to high try WEST PLAINS, MO Honda!

SHOP SHOP SHOP, or somewhere you'll get ripped a bit on price!

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

I decided that $20 was worth a gamble. I ordered a set Saturday afternoon and received them aboutfifteen minutes ago. Both are bolted in place. Everything lined up perfectly.

I'm a happy camper.

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
I decided that $20 was worth a gamble. I ordered a set Saturday afternoon and received them aboutfifteen minutes ago. Both are bolted in place. Everything lined up perfectly.

I'm a happy camper.
Great news, thanks Mike!

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.