Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are all front brake rotors for later 1500's the same? ie. bolt pattern,same dimensions, some interchangeable between different years? Thanks!:? jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Here is my delema: Left front rotor was toast,it had those real hard EBC pads on both fronts. A rock or some such ate up my Left rotor, so I bought near new ones from a trusted member, left and right. Bought new pads of the FA compound, which wears faster, but won't eat your rotors. Carefully reassembled everything, and the brake drag was unacceptable. Lots of grinding and squeaking, so I rode it a mile or two, attempting to seat the new components. No Go! And the rotors were really sizzling hot. Went back in the mancave, and loosened all the front axle bolts/pinch bolts, and tapped everything with a rubber mallet. Calipers are free floating on new pins, so no binding there. Is it normal to have SOME drag untill things seat properly? Things did quiet down alot when I loosened the axle stuff and then retightened everything. It still drags a little, though. Now I'm gunshy!!! HELP! I don't want to warp these rotors!! Jim (jimsjinx)

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think I got it all aligned properly now. The noises are gone. I guess I had the forks/axle tweaked or something. Once I loosened everything and let the wheel turn freely,then retorqued everything, it seems fine. Got a ride tonight, so we'll see! jimsjinx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.