Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have any of you had a problem with the fuel pump on a1500 Gold Wing? I was wondering if the aftermarket pumps are reliable?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

I haven't had any problems with mine but, there has been discussion on this topic here. Recommend you do a forum search and you'll likely find plenty of reading.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
imported post

yes my 1996 would quit when the fuel was low I also had this problem with a 1998 as well. This time i replaced the pump with a repair kit from a person on Ebay who has come up with a retro pump and other stuff to make your pump asm even better than the OEM one. I think I paid about 140 for the kit. I just came back from a3900 mile trip with no problems
RICK

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

bun54 wrote:
Have any of you had a problem with the fuel pump on a1500 Gold Wing? I was wondering if the aftermarket pumps are reliable?
Welcome to the forum.

If you have found an aftermarket pump with the same pressure and flow rating, we would all like to know.:)

The EBAY pump kit is no longer available to the best of my knowledge.

JD

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I had to replace mine and I did this......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

bun54 wrote:
> Why do you think the fuel pump is bad?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It has all the signs of being weak. I will do a flow test per shop manual. befor i get a new pump.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

bun54 wrote:
It has all the signs of being weak. I will do a flow test per shop manual. befor i get a new pump.
A free flow test will tell you virtually nothing about the health of a pump.

A more definitive test is to check pump pressure under engine running conditions.

You can have flow at little to none pressure. You cannot have pump pressure and no flow. This is assuming pick-up and lines are clear.

JD

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Welcome bun54 ., you have opened a real can of worms re; the fuel pump .
What year is your 1500 ??
If an oldie you should " determine " that your pump is bad before proceding to the long list of possible replacements etc. I suggest you take the pump to a good local auto. electrical shop and have it tested for flow etc. before you assume its bad.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Well I replaced it in June of this year. No problems yet. I put about 200 miles on it and right now my wing is in my shop all apart to fix a spark firing issue. Not sure if it was the coils or the pulse generators......so I replaced both. I sent the ECM out to a company to test it....just got it back today and they said it was A OK. So I will be putting it in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Just got the kit instaled today. Will take it for a ride Wed. Let you all know how it goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.