Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to borrow a right side cover the one that always blows off that cover your battery for a 1500 goldwing. would rather have a spare or even a damaged one. i want to make a mold for these. will send it back with a couple of the one i make from it?? like one in the picture. color doesn't matter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Let me check in my garage tonight. I think I have an old one on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I think he wants to make a mold to make some covers, not that he lost his.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The po lost it he said. when i bought the trike from him it was gone. i always strap mine. but yes i want one for a mold but i will buy one if the price is right or borrow your spare and send you 2 back that i make for your trouble. keep your badge and script if i borrow if your selling leave them on there. thanks rider let me know.

I will sell these to anybody on this site for 20 bucks each unpainted if they turn out nice.. only if you need one i don't want them resold for big bucks. the reason i'm doing this is to help riders replace their lost plastic without breaking the bank and not others pad their pockets. sorry but i feel strongly about this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are you expecting to get similar strength and quality from you molded product? I searched for a very long time to get a front lower LH cowl without fog light for my Interstate. Top quality these run better then $280. Finally I found one on ebay for <$80 in great shape. There seems to be a shortage for this item as well.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They will be fiberglass and should be much stronger. i can make any of it if i have one to mold by. your avatar looks just like my black trike before i started on it.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if the side covers turn out good i'll sell them on here cheap unpainted.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Skoto Read your post on side covers.If they work i need one for battery side. When i looked on internet (every page I could find) I couldnt belive the price on them. Double and triple the price of any of the other tupperwhere covers. Momma said no on buying some because of the price is too high for us to get any. She only gets to work two days a week and i cant work. Had three operations on my back and doc said no more for me. So if they work out would you let me know please. I would greatly apprectate it so much. Mark

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Add-On does make GL1500 side covers, either unfinished plain white or chrome. Certainly far cheaper than OEM. These are ABS plastic though, like the original.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine will be fiberglass and very strong much stronger than the oem product. they will be cheaper than anything you can buy anywhere. you'll just have to have them painted. will have to attach the studs that hold them on and will just have to test them out on mine to see how they hold up. It is best to attach them with a piece of light cable you can get at Lowes cheap precaution considering the expense of the part.

I can also paint these but at an extra cost and want guarantee the match due to the age of most bikes. And prices will vary due to price of paints.

latweety61 i'll let everyone know as soon as i start making them. i'll post it on here. still wanting on the covers from a member.

And i know what you mean on operations. I have had 4 back surgeries, A brain aneurysm, prostate cancer with my prostate being removed. let me see what else.
But i'm blessed and able to do all most anything i did before, just can't do it for as long as i once did. God is good All the time.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
If you still need a cover let me know and PM address to ship to, I can send the one from the 88. It only has a minor crack. Do you want both or just battery side?

Anything else you might want to mold also let me know. 88 is just sitting for now anyway. Pocket doors for under the rear speakers might be nice. People loose those allot too. I need one for the left side on 88

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still needing a battery cover plastic for a mold. a spare even a damaged one is ok. trying to make some of these for the financially challenged. just like this one i have 2 for the drivers side now need the passenger side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Iwould be interested to see what you sell yours for.. I gave up bothering as i was told that i was too expensive. So i guessed owners were happy to pay the $227.00 for a left side Cover for a GL1200....

What would you be making yours of? Mine were Fibre glass with reinforced mounting posts.. But only came in a white gel coat finish. I have also recently bought myself a Vacuum forming machine too.. So will be looking at doing HIPS and ABS version of my range of replicas that i produce.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
still needing to borrow a battery right side 1500 side battery cover damaged is ok. will send you 2 i make from it for the loan.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have a chrome aftermarket if that will help you make the mold. The right stock one blew off back three years ago so a friend bought the chrome set for me.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chromo is sending me one but his dad died so it's in a holding pattern. the chrome one will work fine if you don't mind me using it.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RAM is sending me a side cover so for all those that where going to but didn't never mind. Thanks Ram.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
RAM is sending me a side cover so for all those that where going to but didn't never mind. Thanks Ram.
I never got any shipping info or it would have be out to you.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My bad newday777 i was waiting for u to ask i guess. I thought i replied to u.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.