Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My 1994 interstate is giving me problems with starting. If it sits for a few days without starting or if i leave it parked outside (with our without the cover on). on a humid nite it will not start up right away. Sometimes to the point of draining down the battery. I will let it sit for a while and keep coming back to try and start it and most of the time after several times it will fire up. The rest of the day I have no issues with it and it runs fine. Where should I begin to look for the problem? I dont want to be in a motel parking lot a thousand miles from home and have this happen.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi tim and welcome to the forum first you need a good battery for the 1500 as if its any way low it takes to much to run the starter and robs the power from the coils if all is ok there you will need to check the choke to make sure its operating ok also the choke inrichment valves may be blocked or stuck a clean air filter is also required as well as good plugs ect

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks Peter
I'm going to replace the battery and plugs. I will also check for choke issues.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,673 Posts
imported post

Tim,

Our Post Index A-Z is on the menu of every main forum page.

Look there for Hard Starting issues for the 1500. We have several different links noted, and we try to reference them with different spellings.

click the mouse over the index page and use ^F to search for START, you will find a lot of stuff no matter how the link is named.

For instance:

Cold start question GL1500

Engine only starts when starter

Engine starts only when starter

GL1500 won't start, how to

Starter keeps running, GL1500

and that is only the first few I came across in the index

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,673 Posts
imported post

forgot to mention, if you don't find the help you need there, please come back and a hundred gurus will assist you to find the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.