Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My friend who does not use a PC has a problem with the tilt switch on his 1989, 1500 import. The symptoms are 1. bike cutting out when he hits a pothole, catseye etc. 2. if you shake the handle bars with the engine running, it cuts out. It can only be restarted by turning off/on ignition switch.

Are these replaced under warrenty even at this late stage of the tilt switch saga?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Thats definitely the tilt switch, turning of and on the ignition resets everything for a while. Honda havesupplied some tilt switches to ownersin Ireland (fit it yourself) as late as 2000 (the recall was in 1995 remember). They aren't obliged to do this and may not if your bike is a US import, but its worth a try and the only way to find out is to ask. Worst case is your friend will have to stump up the €80 himself.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
Thats definitely the tilt switch, turning of and on the ignition resets everything for a while. Honda havesupplied some tilt switches to ownersin Ireland...
They are usually okay about this. Once they check that they will be reimbursed for the sensor they will probably get it for you. If Honda UK won't cover them for a US spec bike that was imported outside the official channelsthen thats hardly Hondas fault here.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

I found them okay. 2 years back they gave me the tilt relay, after a bit of arguing about it. Saved me €70 or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.