Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are there any noticeable symptoms of a timing belt needing to be replaced?

How often shud the antifreeze be changed?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Timing belts don't give any warning signs when they are due for replacement. They can look fine and break a week later. Coolant is supposed to be replaced every couple of years, but you can get away with longer.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank u. I was told the belts were replaced 30,000 miles ago. He also said a couple of other things were done which he actually SAW had been done, so had no reason to disbelieve the timing belts weren't done.

I appreciate the reply.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts
imported post

My belts were at 81,000 miles when I changed them, but should have done them a bit sooner probably. They looked fine. I think they were the stock ones. I hit a deer in '05 (about 20k on the bike) which caused a lot of damage, but I do not remember Honda charging me for belts and I KNOW they would not have done them for free. Even if they had, that was still 60k on the belts.
As for coolant, the entire system only hold about a gallon. I like to do it every year, two years at the max especially if it sits. It does not take a lot of scale to reduce cooling ability and changing it is VERY easy, not to mention cheap.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts
imported post

As for your signature, I find the 1500 the easiest to ride of the wings I have owned. Just do it.

Of course, my massive bulk helps (I am 5'10" and weigh in about 155 pounds)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.