Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just installed the trailer hitch i picked up used after i bought /traded for my 1500. 1988 model. I would like to know how is the best way to wire it for trailer lights. I'm pretty sure i've seen a "plug and play" system before, but would like to know what is the standard everyone uses.
I have my trailer from my old bike wired for 5 wires so a converter to change from 4 to 5 isn't necessary.
I know i read another post here somewhere that there are trailer light blocks or something under the seat think they were called lighting isolators??

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Not sure on the 1500 there is a plug and play harness for the 1800. When i did mine it was a case of splice into the wiring, under the seat you will see some big connectors, all the wiring connections you need are there. If you get the circuit diagram you should be able to identify the colours from that

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

I'm interested in this question as well. I just picked up a trailer with a flat 4 wire connectorand a flat 2 wire connector. See pic of trailer. I also need to know if it is possible to purchase matching Green GW paint by the quart.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

ElectricalConnection.com has them.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

Fellow Canuck,Where you get the trailer and who makes it.

Me and the warden our looking to buy one up here and dont want to buy from the states because of the shipping charges ,etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.