Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

That's effective ingenuity :clapper:I know you have worked hard on your new shop hope you have many fun successful projects there.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
imported post

Thats a creative way to move the bike . I hope its all going good for you .

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Hey with one of thosei'd be able to get wing in shed at back of house.But buggar of a job taking body and axle off after every ride:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
imported post

boy have i been busy ,it feels like i have been away from the forum for a long time,but im back on the build at last , well i will be tomorrow, im going the stay late and get a steel sheet welded onto the large extention , that i have made on therear of the lift , i have only modified one of the lifts at the monent , as im planning on building another two 1500 trikes over the winter , i will have to make a mold of the body , for the other two trikes,

also had to extend the front of the lift to carry the front wheel

this next one still needs a diagonal piece welded in

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

WOW, that shop is looking GREAT!
2-Lathes?
2-Jack platforms? With ext. mods!
Good welder!
Check picture below for "?"

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
imported post

this pipe conect s onto the exhaust manifold and the other end onto the air box , guess its to make the bike run better when is cold ,honda musthave a reason forit,

do you not have this pipe on your model 1500 ?

oh the round black bit at the bottom is the horn

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Barry nunn , wow when you do it you do it up good .
congrats on the new shop have lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
imported post

i got the table extentions finished

ok i took your advise skip and droped the backend another inch, the axle s are sitting level now, and it may make the steering abit easyer?, to do this i have had to remake the top mounts for the shocks, the 2"x1" box steel is now turned side ways, this has redused it by 1 inch

here is a closer look

also i squared the backend up , it should be a perfect triangle now, i took the wheels off and measures form edge of the wheel hub to the edge of the piviot for the swingarm, but not with a tape , i used a long narrow piece of timber and marked it with a pen , with a stick you can get a straight line , tapes tend to bend and flex

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
imported post

I am impressed with your shop and your construction technique. Those welds are beautiful.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
imported post

thanks, as for the welding im a 3rd generation blacksmith so i have no qualifications in welding ,

but i do have years of practice:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Excellent workshop and facilities now Barry,build should be a breeze now:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
imported post

thanks alan , i ve been on with the propshaft today, hoping to get it down on the floor in the next few daysand take for a test drive for the first time ,

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
imported post

had it out for a test drive today , runs fine , it was loud though, only problem was them old brake disc s were binding on so i cleaned them up and freed off the two calipers , it seems alot better,

heres a picture of the propshaft and also i welded in some extra suport onto the bottom of the diff

[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
imported post

im having a right job trying to bleed the front brake , the two calipers are now linked together with a link pipe , and opperated from the front brake leaver, with no risidual valve fitter yet! there blead , but the leaver is very soft , theres nothing there,

anyone got any ideas???????????????:?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
imported post

had my first ever atempt at fibreglassing today and it's not easy , when i got this body off skip , he had cut this part out ,to clear his chassis, but i have a little bit more clearance , so i altered it and glassed it back in, also skips shocks stood proud of his body ,so he made two square resesses , i have cut these out as i don't need them and when i make a mould ,it will be easer to get apart with out these in the body

this is a piece i trimed off , but it fits nice in the gap, so i started to glass it in place

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
imported post

ok started on the mould making , what i job i had trying to cut the trunk out of the body again , skip realy put it back together good, sorry no pictures tonight as the battery died on me , :?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

barry nunn wrote:
im having a right job trying to bleed the front brake , the two calipers are now linked together with a link pipe , and opperated from the front brake leaver, with no risidual valve fitter yet! there blead , but the leaver is very soft , theres nothing there,

anyone got any ideas???????????????:?
I hav'nt done this modification yet,but i wouldsay you got air trapped somewhere.Fill resovour with brake fluid pump lever many times,loosen left bleed nipple, pump lever a few times,see if trapped air is being expelled.Tighten bleed nipple,continue pumping lever,loosen right bleed nipple to expell air.It may take a few goes to remove air lock.What sometimes works is when resovours full loosen left bleed nipple pump lever till fluid comes through, continue pumping till pressure is felt then lock bleed nipple,repeat on right caliper.Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
imported post

thanks i,ll give it ago :)

heres a picture of the sub frame which carries the trunk

i have started on the body

,notice the new glassing, im just learning

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
imported post

started the body work skip, ,

i messed up ,!!!!!!!!!!! when i was cutting the trunk out, i cut through the outer body, had to glass it again and fill it

201 - 220 of 256 Posts