Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
imported post

i have mad a wooden frame to carry the body,while i repair it , also it will be handy for the mould making process,

also painted the back end black , just need to make up an exhaust , thing is i can not go under the wishbones as the backend is very low, so i need to go over the drive shafts(axle s )

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

:sadguy:Barry, Where are you?:sleepy:

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

going over shoulnt be a problem wish you had goten tail pipes of a dual ehaust at pull aparts the you would have the bends ready. but I have faith in you.
looks good so far.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

skip20 wrote:
:sadguy:Barry, Where are you?:sleepy:
Yes where are you Hope your Doing OK!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

how does it ride with the stock honda shocks? is it stiff with the 2 coil overs on it?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Hi Barry.I joined the site today(wed 10th nov). Ive just bought a GL1500 to trike & Im very interested in the fixed axle trikes youve built using the air suspension.I presume it was the trusted Reliant Axle which ive already bought.I got so much greif from other users on lesser sites over the fact that "you cant use a solid axle with suspension without it seriously affecting the handling.It has to be hard tail". I dont suppose you have any plans i could use or even a few close up pics i could get some ideas from. I would be forever in your debt. Wanna make it a bolt on to get round the MSVA laws. Regards,Tink

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Hi welcome Tink,Barry not been around for a bit.Am using a ford axle with proggresive shocks and the handlings fine,am using Tri wings bolt on kit.

Think the standard reliants axle would require gear ratio change to suit goldwings performance and engine revs.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Hi Big Al. Cant run to a kit mate. Its all gonna be a self build. Already got the axle & ive seen a Few wing trikes using the reliant axle but,they`re all hard tail. I need mine as a soft tail due to disability. Ive built a few hardtail reiant trikes & a couple of cx500`s. This will be my first attempt at a soft tail so may need a bit of guidance. Regards,Tink

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Hi Barry. Great looking trike.As ive said before,im using a reliant axle. Do you know if i would have to turn the axle upsidedown.When i built the CX500 trike,i didnt have to as the engine rotation was correct for the axle but,im not sure if its the same for the GL1500. Regards, Tink

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

I will not Give up !
Barry Nunn Happy 2011
hope the new year finds you well and doing well.
and Back with us.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Nice job Berry, really looking good. Man am I envious of your shop as well.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
imported post

:waving:hey guys , sorry i havent been around for a while , had a few problems , but im still fit and healthy, my build has been at a stand still for 6 months, but im back on it now that the weather is warming up , ive had to pull the back end off again and fit new disc s and pads ,im rebuilding the calipers , as the brakes were sticking on and would not come off :X,

i had also forgot my pasword so i was having trouble logging in , Drrrrr!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Great to hear your back posting your build Barry.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

GLAD to see your back & OK!
What have you been up to?
How's the shop?
Did you get married?

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

YEAH!!!!!!!
Glad to see you back and that you are doing well dont scare us like that agian.
Well lts see what you been up Too.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
imported post

:ROFL:ha ha , quite the oppisite skip , we spilt up 7 month s ago , , just had lots too sort out , like the house and stuff , but hey were still the best of friend , just fell out of love , life goes on,:?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
imported post

back on the build , spent the weekend rebuilding the backend, the brakes are working fine now , new pistons and seals, pads and disc s , skip will tell you , its a very hard job with the callipers,:X

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Looks good Barry glad to see you back at ,Keep up the great work,

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Great your back on the build Barry,looking good.

I ve junked the rear brake pedal on mine and fitted K twin levers with braided steel hoses throughout,cant believe the improvement.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
imported post

very nice , looks expensive , did you have to import the unit ?

had the bike out for a test drive of the brakes , and there spot on ! worth all the hard work:smiler:

221 - 240 of 256 Posts