imported post

I guess the county boys just can't take the fast pace of the big city
Can't wait for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
imported post

yer im just a quiet lad, haha. had a little set back to night , relised the bar on top that carrys the shock needed lifted up about 1/2" as i could not get the calipers on , so i had to totally undo sundays work , the round bars are temp, just to hold the diff square , i need to drop the back end of the diff , as it's still high,

you can not see in the pic but i have put a 1/2" spacer on either side under the four bolts on the top , whats that they say , you learn the hard way?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
imported post

i had the shafts done off my father inlaw , he's a fitter,and he used the big lathe at work , dowl in the center , then weld then a tube on top , then back in the lathe and spun , he said there ran nice and better that he expected, :smiler:anyway i gave the diff a coat of black gloss and put it all together, and the total length came in at 52" , +3" per wheel = 58" total width, , :cheesygrin: i'm going to have to re make the top bar that carrys the shock as it's still not clearing the the hand brake mechinism! no biggy , that will not take that long , i ordered some left hand and right hand thread rose joints off ebay today , i'll buy some cds tubing and make some ajustable linkage bars ,skip says this will be the best way to square up the backend and give two solid points of contact .

this photo shows the brakes hitting on the top bar

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

i would just slide the bar back until the front holes line up with the rear holes on the housing and then weld another lenght of angle and drill some new holes that should work and no wasted steel?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
imported post

i hate wasting steel, because its a hike to the steel factory to get new stuff and it only comes in 6 meter lengths , that means i have to cut it 3 times to get it home :?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
imported post

the rose joint arrived today , with lock nuts and weld inserts , 2x right hand thread and 2x left hand thread, just have to get some tubeing , and make the ajustable tracking bars, started on thenew top bar that carrys the shocks should have some more pics by the week end , oh just remembered that my wife to be cas cond me into a hot air balloon ride this saturday , hope it's not windy:?as i might end up in tennessee,:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

i'm using some we have here for the rock crawlers. they have the urethane bushing. that's what i'll be attaching the rear end to swingarm with.

something like these.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
imported post

i was looking back through skips build , and seen the bit about the extra raked trees, , i have hear that they make a huge differance, kinda got me thinking where i can get some?:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

the new ones are 900 bucks over here. unless you have someone that can machine you one. they are step on price unless you find a used one like skip did.

i'm a big guy and the steer wasn't bad on the 1200. but it maybe harder on the 1500 want know until it's built.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Yep , and the sad part is I have bought many custom trees of all variences of rake and heavy beefy ones from all steel to aluminum when i had my shop any where from 150.00 to 300.00 I guess its supply and demand.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

i wonder why you couldn't use a chopper style custom tree on the goldwing with the rake you want, the stems the same size on the 1500 i think?

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Here is the basic layout to set up the Jag rear end.
Had to import as .GIF, .JPG was to big

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Nice, what's the eBay link?

barry nunn wrote:
the rose joint arrived today , with lock nuts and weld inserts , 2x right hand thread and 2x left hand thread, just have to get some tubeing , and make the ajustable tracking bars, started on thenew top bar that carrys the shocks should have some more pics by the week end , oh just remembered that my wife to be cas cond me into a hot air balloon ride this saturday , hope it's not windy:?as i might end up in tennessee,:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

barry nunn, hey man if that balloon blows over Tennessee
set it down and the coffee pot will be a brewing.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
imported post

yer i was thinking the same think all this week , maybe i can pay the pilot to take me a bit further,:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
imported post

you guys will have to wait for that cup of tea , as it was cancelled due to the tipical bad english weather:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

What a bummer!:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I am new and I am watching with great Interest.
Here is a copy of my responsr to from my welcome letter.

I am in the process of building a Trike composed of the goldwing frame,a Jaguar Independent rear Suspension and an Engine and Automatic Trans from a Mazda RX-7.

The Rotary engine will be slightly modified and should put about 200 HP to the ground. The Auto Trans will be setup with a push Button shift so I don't have to let go of the bars to shift, and the Jag IRS will be modified so that when I go into a corner the frame will lean into the corner and the Rear Wheeles will also LEAN into the corner.

It's an ambitious project. I understand the Rotary engine and the Jag IRS, BUT I know little about the Frame and Fork and wheel of this particular Bike. AND that is where you nice people come in.

I am going to need help rebuilding the fork, Breaks and front wheel.
I will be needing the handle bar controls.
I have the Master cylinder and the 2 front calipers from a V-45 but I don't think they will work on the GL1500, If any one knows please let me know, Thanks.
I am not planning to narrow the axles as my trike will be much longer.
It's late here and that is all I can think of right now, but I will be watching and listening.

61 - 80 of 256 Posts