Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
imported post

got some cds tube , and the weld inserts fitted tight, :) got it all tacked in place , as i may need to alter it, when the body comes, :?i have set it at 24" 3/8 from the center stand to the center of the drive shafts, , i have used the squareframe section behind the stand as a fixing point , but i intend to re-enforce this , with braces, when im sure it's all set up right

in this one the diff needs lifting up , as you can see two bricks are usedto lift the hubs somewhere near

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Hey, the pictures look great!.
You sure that Sq. tubing not to low.
Trailing arms look good.
I see you got the lower support bars on now.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
imported post

i cut the bracket back off tonight and moved it up 2" , was not much work , but i think you were right as it looks better:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
imported post

that idea of yours worked fine , fixed that problem , i have lifted the top bar up with another peice of box section , plan to weld it up and re-enforce it when i take it back off , and the distance between top shock bar and bottom wishbone is around 13" or 13"1/2 ideal for the 416 progressive shocks that i ordered yesterday from america , guess that will take around 2-3 weeks to get here ,

this picture shows how i have lifted the bottom support bracket up 2" , i still plan on braceing it more for strenth

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
imported post

that idea of yours worked fine , fixed that problem , i have lifted the top bar up with another peice of box section , plan to weld it up and re-enforce it when i take it back off , and the distance between top shock bar and bottom wishbone is around 13" or 13"1/2 ideal for the 416 progressive shocks that i ordered yesterday from america , guess that will take around 2-3 weeks to get here ,

this picture shows how i have lifted the bottom support bracket up 2" , i still plan on braceing it more for strenth

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

barry nunn wrote:
ideal for the 416 progressive shocks that i ordered yesterday from america , guess that will take around 2-3 weeks to get here ,
You wont be disappointed with 416 shocks,so much adjustment from compressor adjustment.Mine was abit twichy with 30lb pressure put 42 seemed much more stable only took seconds.

From placing order to arriving in UK mine took 7 days.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
imported post

that will not toke you that long , a few days maybe, then you will be back on the road:cheesygrin:, you have got a great finish on that body, well done

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
imported post

not much to report , waiting for the shocks , i think the next step is to get some good wheels and tyres ? any ideas on the size rims and tyres ,thati should use?:?

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

!5" rims with 70' are what most of them use.
You could try 16"
Try to get the tire same height as the bike rear (tyres ) tire.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
imported post

ok , spent the day possitioning the diff in the right possition and hight, because i have not got the body yet, i have only mounted the diff bythe two top brackets, on to the old shock mounts , and the two bottom ajustable arms, it's in the measurements that i was given, but i have 1" either way adjustment, for when i fit the body, ,also started with the prop shaft , the photo shows the two shaft at two different widths , im going to ask , my father inlaw to machine them for me at work , i have also made the shaft adjustable , i know i did not have too, but again it's for adjustment

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
imported post

the back end is pivioting on these two top supports at the moment , you can see the round bar on the left is not straight, this is so it clears the air compressor unit, i tacked a bar across the backend ,then

measured and found the center, , also put a mark on the 2x2 boxing and used a spirit level to line the two marks up , so now the diff should be centered,

this is a side view

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Hey, the bracing is looking good. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

barry nunn wrote:
not much to report , waiting for the shocks , i think the next step is to get some good wheels and tyres ? any ideas on the size rims and tyres ,thati should use?:?

I am on 215-60 /15 recommended size by Tri wing.Rims are american racing anson sprint from Northants Tyres they were'nt cheap but fit the hubs brill.

Had to wait for the 4 stud but they got 5 stud in stock.

Everything looking great on the build Barry;)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
imported post

only found out, o monday that my shocks were not getting shipped untill tuesday (today) i think i bought them over a week ago:(,

i was messing around last night taking photos with bits of the bike stuck on temp, just to give me an idea of the width , i forgot how much i liked the coulour,

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
imported post

there nice alan but trying to get some for next to nothering , i running out of money , , i will get some of ebay , mine you jag wheels are not cheep on there:(

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Sure know where your coming from about build costs,took mine for paint monday he'd only seen picture of body,much bigger than i thought he said.Then he looked at candy red body sample,thats expensive paint.So expecting larger than is estimate when bodies ready for collection.

Rang vosa up yesterday originally was quoted £85 for inspection,then gets hit with that for a motorcycle,trikes £104:shock: on top of the £40 for the MOT.GOVERMENT SCAMS.

Keep thinking of cruising on ya finished trike or these builds will turn us to:blackstuff::smiler:

81 - 100 of 256 Posts