Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

161 - 180 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Wow, I think I've seen that somewhere before. Looking great. What a body can do.:clapper: You still got your work to do, but that just makes it come together. But you need to knock out some walls :ssshh:and give yourself some more room :cheesygrin:
I guess that me international.:cheeky1::cheeky1:
Now see if the company wants to give me a hard time.:whip:
Shipping was murder.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
imported post

this body was yours at one time , it's changed oweners twice since you and just look how far it has travelled, from you to skip, and from skip to me , i live beside newcastle (north east of england), look it up some time , , as for the walls, well im getting another work shop , my brother has promised me a workshop building,thats on a piece of land that he has just bought,but it has fire damage , (only half a roof on it), so im starting the building work in the next 2 weeks , then i will have lots of room,about 20 feet by 30 feet, it carn't come soon enough!

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Hey that sounds good for you lots of room to work.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

barry nunn wrote:
so im starting the building work in the next 2 weeks , then i will have lots of room,about 20 feet by 30 feet, it carn't come soon enough!
With that much free space,shame i live so far away could have stored mine in there as well.:cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
imported post

i was messing around last night , getting the body in the right position, , the axle is now in the correct place , from the side ,the hubs are now in the center of the arches, measured the axel against the boby and im going to have to loose anther 4", 2"off each wishbone , this way i will have around 3/4" - 1" clearance between the outside edge of the tyre and the body , ,

also i bought a small fibreglass kit yesterday, im going to glass that boot(trunk) corner piece back in to the body :)

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Sorry that you have to pull the wishbones agian, you have come so far already.
Would going to diffrent wheel offset help any or is it more cost effective to just redo wishbone ?
You have done a relly good job .

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
imported post

got some smaller tyres today, , also got the other stock coil spring on the other side , tryed the body on and i will not be cutting the axels again as i put 26 stone on the bike and there was still clearance, no rubbing on the body, the wheels stick out about 3/4 " on each side, but im happy with that , i also started the building work on my new premesis today having to put down a new concrete floor , and roof,

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Nice,good job

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Good job getting the body lined up on your Jag-Trike.
The new rims & tires look good on it & centered in the well.
Maybe a pair of rubber fender flair will help to cover the tires from good old JC Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/rubber-fender-extensions-fender-flares/p2008750.jcwx?skuId=166131
Extend 2-1/4". 1/4"-thick rubber. Universal mount?use on fender wells that are rusted out or have been cut out to make room for over-sized tires. 58" long. Drilling required. Hardware included. One pair.

Good pictures, Great work.
Call me bout the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

got some smaller tyres today, , also got the other stock coil spring on the other side , tryed the body on and i will not be cutting the axels again as i put 26 stone on the bike and there was still clearance, no rubbing on the body, the wheels stick out about 3/4 " on each side, but im happy with that , i also started the building work on my new premesis today having to put down a new concrete floor , and roof,

That's 360 Lbs for us Colonials.
tyres = Tires
Boot = Trunk (no shoes)
Bonnet = Hood (not hat)
The KINGS language messes with us Rebel

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
imported post

sorry been distracted for a few day , doing brick work and concreating and more to do tomorrow , but hey this place is big , , hope to get something done on the trike , this weekend :?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

new shop area. you must be excited over that after working in that small area. you do what you got to do to get you somemore room.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
imported post

thanks lads , im knackered on a night ,and im covered in brick dust from cutting blocks,im working flat out on this place , had to re-lay the floor, and build a new gable end , need to find a roller shutter door, and re sheet the whole roof , with tin sheets,oh and wire it out, , think i can say it's a big job , the old fire has wrecked the building ,this building is about 19feet by 40feet , as it was two rooms but i have knocked it into one room

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

That should give you work space

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

You'll have a cracking!! size workshop there Barry when you've finished construction brilliant. ;)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
imported post

it's up , new shutter door is meant to be here next week some time , the building is a lot bigger than it looked eh?, hope to start with the roof next week too, new tin sheet

161 - 180 of 256 Posts