Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Cannot turn key to left to open trunk just right with lever.The book and trunk say i can go left for just the trunk? thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

On my bike rotating trunk lock to the right/clockwise unlocks allowing the levers to function; i.e. permits opening the trunk & side panels using the levers. Rotating the key left/counter clockwise locks 'em, disabling the lever function. You need to use the levers for opening, and just slam the lids closed to close. Hope this helps.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Try pushing down on the trunk when you turn the key left. It might be binding. For those that are unfamiliar, on the 1500's, when the trunk lock is in the lock position, you should be able to turn the lock slightly to the left and it should release the trunk lid only. It won't unlock the saddlebags and technically, the trunk is also still locked but the lid can be released. Just remember to not put keys in the trunk because if the lid closes, your keys will be locked in the trunk....

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
imported post

Mine did that for awhile several years ago. I adjusted the latches catches (kinda "D" shaped metal dealies the latches grab) until it closed just a little looser, but still sealed well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.