Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I just picked up a new low miles one owner 1800 after looking at them for the last 5 years.

What you hear is true, Don't ride one unless you are prepared to sell the wife's china and your first born to obtain one. The ride and difference is that big. The below email is what I sent to Mel ( Cousin Jack )

Sorry Pal,

4th time I got this below message about my pics not making the trip to you..

Send me a note if you get this, So I know I have your address right.

Might be an Omen for you.

No sweat Pal, I will sell it local. I won’t have a problem at all.

Also riding my new 1800 is like night and day to the 1500.

I believe the 1500 is a tad more comfortable and smoother.

Kind of like a laid back and relaxed Fat Lady.

Where the 1800 is like a nervous teen, Ready and raring to go.

It is much tighter, A bit smaller & Lighter, definitely shorter & skinnier, and you can feel more vibration from the engine and tires.

It’s like you can feel every twitch, from the engine and road. Which is not a bad thing, just different from the smooth as glass kinda vague feeling you get with the 1500

Plus it’s more than 3 times stronger than the 1500. It is really snappy and responsive.

On hard acceleration, if it wasn't for the drivers backrest you could be pulled right off the bars.

I just know it will bring a smile to your face.

Hey have a Great Day.

Mohawk

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Looks almost as fast as mine..........

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Thge 1800 got to me the same way Mohawk! As I've posted before I had an 1800 for a couple weeks before I sold my trusty old 1500. After a couple weeks on the 1800 I decided to take the 1500 out for a ride to charge up the battery. I didn't realize how much better the 1800 was until getting out on the road with the 1500 and thinking, "what happened to this bike?" My reliable old bike just felt downright sluggish. There's indeed a difference and it's mostly in favor of the 1800. Even with those ugly headlights.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from riding.
You are right Paul, I took my wing out for a short run just to see.
And the 1800 wins hands down.
Now I am excited to explore the realm of Double Dark Siding.
I am tired of the tire wear on the bike tires.
I no longer ride as hard as I used to as a kid and the pickings for car tires were slim for the 1500.
Plus changing tires on the 1800 is so blasted easy.
I can't wait to pull them.
But I do have that TPMS on this bike.
Anybody have any troubles with the sensors?

Ohh, And I could have bought a Red Bike, But I have always liked the bright silver better.

Have a GREAT One...

Mohawk

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts

They look cool exavid......:wtf:

The Red one is coming up so fast on the silver one it's blurry.........

Is that you Redwing??

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I would love to have one, but.....
I am too damn tall (6'5" x 36" inseam) and my knees hit the fairing when I sit on it.:lash:

I have tried several including a trike. All the same issue.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
My first choice is red, second would be the silver but the one I ended up with is Cabernet Red which looks plum colored to me. I guess a red car, red scooter and red jeep is going to have to do it.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
ROTTIE There is a place here in Indiana that will modify the seat for you giving you back the 3 inches that the 1800 seat steals from you. But of course like everything it's expensive.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

They look cool exavid......:wtf:
Not cool, they look like they are frowning at people. I will admit I've never been on another motorcycle with headlights that work as well but they don't look a nice as the ones on the earlier 'Wings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.