Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have a windsheild vent for a 1500 laying around? I see one at Cyclemax for $38.00 but I'm hoping someone has a used one.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The problem with used is the lever often breaks off at the vent control from age, brittle plastic, so you would be wise to just spend the $38 for the new one. Your choice though. I have a broken one in storage.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I may have a 1500 one still. I've given a couple away. I'll look tomorrow. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. and offer to check on having one jimsjinx.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Yeah, know what you mean. Went to the garage and I couldn't feel any air coming from mine either. :)

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey peanut I agree. There is some air flowing thru.and with this black bike and the summer sun. I can use all the air I can find. I've got a fantastic member from this board who replied and is sending me a used one(thanks jim).

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Don't wast your time buying it ,you can't feel the air from it .
That all depends if its down to the speedo, then you won't feel it.
I bought a V-stream that has the vent hole cut at 5"(at the bottom of the vent) above the speedo at the lowest windshield point and I get fresh flowing air on my face that I feel real good, Much better than the last shield(Markland) that was on the bike where it sat on the speedo and I never felt any air from it, If buying a new shield that they cut them low, order it w/o the hole cut and cut your own hole up higher.

same vent just up higher.:readit:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
This is a low mounted vent and the higher on my V-Stream windshield.
That 5" higher makes a lot of difference in the air you'll feel, or not.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.