Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey Redwing:waving:good news, if we get too old to hold up the :18red:, or the :12red:then we can add a Landing Gear...and keep going....check it out ebay USA item #4539246328

dean_3326 :12red::12red::12red::12red::12red::12red:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Might be useful for ploughing fields or clearing mines!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Are you kidding me... training wheels for a Goldwing! Now I've seen everything. Maybe this person should learn to ride a bicycle before jumping into a Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1:Hey REDWING ,,,if you are reading this,I think they are available for the HONDA 50cc as well ,,so you must be really happy ,,but I think your neighbours will be even happier ,,they wont have to steady you up anymore as you ride around the field ..:skipping::skipping::skipping:cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Surprisingly there are more than one company making these things. I ran across a guy with a set last year. His was more discreet, the wheels were smaller and retracted up under the saddlebag. They were electric/hydraulic with the pump in the right saddlebag, pretty small unit. The things are computer controlled, at 15mph they will retract if the rider forgets them, they won't drop at more than 15mph and then only at rider command. The things are strong enough to lift the rear wheel off the ground of needed. They replace the the main stand and pivot from the same location. The whole idea is to help people who can't hold the bike up or are partially disabled. It's one way to avoid having to convert to a trike. I'm not ready for that yet but who knows what the future will bring. The things aren't cheap either, there was a set on the GWRRA website recently, asking price around two grand.

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Are you kidding me... training wheels for a Goldwing! Now I've seen everything. Maybe this person should learn to ride a bicycle before jumping into a Goldwing!
1989 Goldwing with Landing Gear Which are operated by two tiny switches one each brake and clutch lever, one for down and one for up. Has indicator lights near the dash to tell you if gear is up or down. Never have to put feet on the ground. Drives like a tricycle around the garage.

Is that too much or what?

G

·
imported post

Well i was just wondering how long it would take before my secretgot out. :crying:

How the hell do you guys think that i was able to control the :18red:at almost 80yrs of age. :stumped: My neighbour had them fitted a long time ago. :jumper:They are the type that exavid mentioned. :weightlifter:They just drop down when your speed drops to 15mph and rise again when your speed increases above 15mph. :clapper:

I dont really need them on my Honda 50. :clapper:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Back view

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Jason wrote:
The back view looks just terrible! What's the big padded thing for?
It looks to bethe housing for a hydraulic pump?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It appears to be the electro/hydraulic power pack. The one I saw was a lot better looking, the mechanism was hidden, the power pack was small and in the right bag and the much smaller wheels were pivoted from the old center stand position. You wouldn't notice the wheels right away. The article said that the wheels could actually raise the rear wheel off the ground if needed for tire changes. The one pictured here really looks ugly. I think the people who really need them are BMW riders, I've talked to a couple of them who've dumped their bikes in parking lots. A great moment for me was after my brother laughed at me for dropping my 1200 in my garage last summer, his wife told me he dropped his BMW in his driveway yesterday. Life is good! BTW Beemers fall ALL the way over. Luckily his wasn't damaged.

:jumper::15red::jumper:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

When I get real old and my hips aren't be strong enough to keep up my Wing, I wouldn't hesitate to get a set of these so I could keep riding and enjoying life to the fullest. It think it's a great idea for folks who could not enjoy a Wing any other way, but, it sure would be strange trying to get used to those things when going through a very fast corner. LOL

Vic

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
When I get real old and my hips aren't be strong enough to keep up my Wing, I wouldn't hesitate to get a set of these so I could keep riding and enjoying life to the fullest. It think it's a great idea for folks who could not enjoy a Wing any other way, but, it sure would be strange trying to get used to those things when going through a very fast corner. LOL

Vic
If I get too old to hold up a Goldwing, then I'll just get a smaller bike.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:

Vic
Personally I think I'd like a system like that over a trike. Nothing against a trike, but at least you could still lean through the turns.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Here's the system I was talking about, it doesn't look nearly as bad. It's also the one that has the computer control.

http://www.winglandinggear.com/

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

I hope that this site is still alive as the comments on "Landing Gear" seem to be over a year old. EXAVID, you made a comment on Apr 4th 05 that you had found a system that took the place of center stand. this is the system I've been looking for for months. I came across an ad on some site I on for :12blue:accesories, but I (stupidly) didn't flag it to go back. I have been on other discussion sites and got much the same comments as in here but some "Bikers" are just not sensitive to disabled or older rider(as is my case) with arthritis. I do like trike but they are far to costly and sidecars are dumb looking. Exavid; could you find that system again and post it for me. this old broad thanks you.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site fysty-1! :waving::waving:

Unfortunately the guy who was manufacturing the Wing Landing Gear apparently was knocked out of business by the Katrina disaster in Lousiana. Below is a similar system, not as discreet as the other but the same basic idea. I've seen some of these systems for sale in the GWRRA classified site once or twice too. They aren't cheap but less than triking and of course you still ride a bike. One of the guys on the forum, nightflyer, I think has the Insta-trike set up on his bike. It plugs into the trailer hitch receiver and can be removed quickly if wanted. It's more like a quadracycle than a trike. He seems to like it. If you do a search on Instatrike in the search box above you can see his blow by blow installation with pictures.

Safety Features Inc. slow speed stabilizer

Insta-Trike

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the reply. I did read about that other style but call me fain or W.H.Y. but I don't like the looks of outrigger wheels. The system I am looking for is nearly identical to BMW's electro-hydraulic center stand but with wheels. If I can't find the unit I'm looking for maybe I can adapt BMW's. HEAVENS BE! PUTTING BMW PARTS ON A WING!

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

This unit looks as though it was built in a back yard. There are much better units available that fully retract into the saddlebags when not in use.

Regards to all,

John S,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.