Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2X now I have not been able to turn off the power on my my 1500, ACC seems to stay on, radio playing, clock on, Volt Meter working, and not sure 2 whal else is still on.
Seems it does not turn off past the ACC maybe?

What is odd is that I play with the switch, turn it on off a lot, and tyhis time popped off the cover and tapped it a few times down below to jar it some.
Nothing works, but then it just shuts off on it's own when it feels like it LOL

First time tyhere was a really good song on the radio, it would not shut off, then soon as that song ended it shut off LOL

This time I guess I messed with it for about 10minutes or so, gave up went walking over to the shop to get a screwdriver to disconnect the battery and it just shut off.

Any Ideas? While I was messing with it this time I shot a little WD40 in the key whole, I doubt that does anything and the key switch itself is working fine, no sticking or binding or anything.

After it shut off this time, I turned it on and off about 10-15 times and it turned off fine every time.

Maybe the 1500 just likes good music? The 2 best songs of the day were playing today when it would not shut off, the second song just ended when it shut off on it's own LOL
Could I have a Gremlin with good taste in music?

Oh, I do have a Gremlin Bell :smiler:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Naw, this bell is nearly new, not had time to fill up yet.

I think this Gremlin is just attracted to good music like Johnny Cash, not to bells.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

That explains it.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

instead of WD40 get an electric parts cleanner, spray some and move the key to all sides, use more fluid and do the same 3 or 4 times, then blow some air inside to dry the fluid once the accesories are turning off just add silicone based lube and you're ok to go.

another thing i would try is to tap on the accesories relay it has probably stuck closed.

·
Administrator
26,139 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
another thing i would try is to tap on the accesories relay it has probably stuck closed.
I think William nailed it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
William_86 wrote:
I think William nailed it.
AH HA!
That was something I meant to ask about but forgot.
Is there a relay or such that would cause this type problem? I think I did hear a click or something the first time it happened, the click was right when it shut off finally.

Where might I find such a relay located on the 88 1500?

·
Administrator
26,139 Posts
imported post

I don't have a proper manual on an 88 model so I can't say where it is. Probably in the fuse box is the best I can do.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

OK, now that I kinda know what to look for I'll look in the manuals for a relay.
I was not at the bike when it shut off yesterday, but was told now that it did go click then also when it shut off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.