Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys,

Thanks for the patiencewith this stupid question, but this is the quickest way I know to get a straight answer. I'm having a friendly argument with a guy at work. He has been a Honda guy for a long time, and late last seasonhe got himself an 1800 Wing, I believe a 2003. Beautiful bike and I am envious, butpreferring theolder, more traditional appearance (look what I'M riding:cool:)the ultramodern motorcycle lookisn't quite for me yet.He agreed with me on the appearance and said he actually liked the 1500's more traditional looks better.He saidunfortunately he had to go with the 1800 for the fuel injection, becausewhile the 1500was moreappealing to himHEcouldn't handle havingSIX CARBS to go wrong and get out of synch.That's where we disagree. I was under the impression that the 1500 had TWO carbswith intakes to distribute the mixture. I'm still new to the Wing scene myself, so I wasn't prepared to drag it out, but I think I'm right. Hope so anyhow, I have my eye toward a future with a 1500 in it, and I'm not crazy about the idea of six carbs either. :(

Again, thanks for the anticipated answer(s). Be forewarned though, your answer is probably going to be printed out, taken to work, and firmly placed in my buddy's hand. Hehehe!! ;)

Happy Trails

Tom

:11brown:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i do be live that the 1500 has 2 carbs-- the val has the 6 carbs .

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

2,2,2 carbs in 1.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

THANK YOU, fellas!!!!! NOW his foundation makes perfect sense.

Tom: "The 1500 has 2 carbs, Terry".
Terry: "No, Tom. It has SIX or I'd have looked at them. It's the same reason I didn't get a Valkyrie. I'm in LOVE with the Val, but when I saw all those carbs and thought about them getting out of synch I knew I had to wait for fuel injection."

We were BOTH kinda right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.