Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 goldwing se. When in neutral everything is ok.When put into gear I lose the radio and the turn signals lights come on.Also when in neutral and i put it into reverse the lights come on but when i hit start button it moves about 6 inches and then no reverse

·
Administrator
28,062 Posts
You have a ground problem. There is a gang connector taped in the main wiring harness on the left side just above the reverse lever, all green wires. Untape it and you will probably find some of the connections burned. The best fix is to cut all the wires loose from the connector and solder them all together.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cannot find the crimp-solder connectors. I have tried all my local Radio Shack, motorcycle shops, Napa Car Parts, Monarch Car Parts and all the other car part stores within 25 miles. Any idea where I can find these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Electrical problem still exists

I tried your solution but still have the same problem - any other suggestions as to how to fix the short. I used 60/40 solder when soldered okay?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...I used 60/40 solder when soldered okay?
> Ok

I tried your solution but still have the same problem - any other suggestions as to how to fix the short....
> Did you modify the Orange ("common ground"/gang connector) on Both sides of the bike? If not, then do so.
> If the above does not work, then need to further Isolate the possible culprit for the short. Towards that end, try disconnecting the large blue connector (sits inside of a black plastic box ~2" x 3") just inwards of the left shock... This will Isolate the rear end of the bike (eg Turn signals, brake lights) from teh rest of the system. Did the problem go away?... If so, then the problem is in the rear of the bike; if not, then it is forward of that location.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.