Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just bought 1996 1500se but will not start turns over but no spark to plugs any help would be greatful or if someone knows where i can download diagram

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Not to be a smart a$$ but the kill switch is on? Reason I asked is the same thing got me a few days back when I tipped mine over, I had hit the kill switch and didn't realize it. I've only owned four bikes but the previous three wouldn't turn over with the switch off.....Mike

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

no was not running i bought it damage it had had top front end damage which also damaged ignition

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

What diagram are you looking for in the OP?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

I would still take a good look at the kill/run switch (which ever term you want to use). They have been known to fail on occasion. ;o) Try bypassing it.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Top front damage , and also damaged ign.???
You need more than a diagram , get yourself a proper shop manual for your new purchase , do whatever checks you can and then we will begin .

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

machinehead wrote:
Top front damage , and also damaged ign.???
You need more than a diagram , get yourself a proper shop manual for your new purchase , do whatever checks you can and then we will begin .
I Agree on that bro.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

A quick-check for the kill/run, the BAS and the IGN/Cruise relay is to turn on the cruise control main switch -- if you get the yellow CRUISE ON indicator, the ECU should be receiving power (the kill switch and BAS act to release the IGN cruise relay - and the Cruise On lamp will not light when the relay is not engaged).

Plenty of items to check for no spark if you've got good ECU supply voltage -- next on my list would be to look at the output from the ECU to the coils and/or the pulse generators and their conections - both of these "ends of the equation" are a bit shakey after a good hit...

May I ask how you're confirmting that you've got no spark?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.