Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would save some people from searching for the monster 17mm hex/allen socket to get the right side swingarm on the 1500 to access to the U-JOINT. I'm doing tires/Mollying the final drive splines and now changing the u-joint/boot. I thought I'd let you know if anyone is looking for the 17MM I had a hard time finding one. went to all the big box store and hardwares. Just about to give up and order one from amazon $8 or $35 for a set. But Just for kicks Ii check my new to my small town (PORT CHARLOTTE,FLORIDA) Harbor Freight.... $13.89 for the set. Woo-Hooooo!!!! Grabbed my breaker bar and cracked that bad boy rite off. "lossened it" (swingarm bolt) The pic of the parts are from PATRZILLA.com I haven't gotten them yet but they are cheaper than amazon. At least for these parts this time. Free shipping over $100 (I think) supposed to be 3 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Harbor Freight tools are probably made in the same plant as most others on the market today. How many of us make a living off of our tools any more or use them enough to wear them out??? I have some very high quality hand tools from back in the 60's that look just like new and I went to school for auto mechanics and then used them for quite some time. Then got into the auto/truck parts end. I don't use the inch tools much but still have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts