Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a issue and blown the acc fuse replaced it and blown again this time lost dash board l c d and both dip beam bulbs blown replace a 20 amp fuse that had blown replaced both dip beams All working fine now except the cruise light is on but the lock cruise light is not when activating the switch and the cruise not working i have checked the cruise fuse all ok Can any one help please

·
Administrator
25,530 Posts
Even though you had trouble with fuses the most likely thing is the cancel switches on the brake and clutch and even more likely the foot brake switch. Pull the right engine cover and you can see the switches on the master cylinder, slowly push the pedal and listen for 2 distinct clicks. It may need a little adjustment to close the switch. On the front brake and clutch try pushing out on the levers when setting the cruise.

Reactions: redwing52

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Please provide details regarding your faulted fuses and burned out headlight bulbs. All of these things may be a coincidence but more than likely are related.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Removed the foot brake switch very mucky given it a good clean and definitely 2 clicks will give it a test run tomorrow, also took the seat off and found a relay marked cruse no visible fault showing

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Check out what Dave said. That is by far the most common cruise issues.
Absolutely agree. Just concerned about two different fuses blowing and two low beam bulbs burning out all at the same time. Coincidence or related?

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
Removed the foot brake switch very mucky given it a good clean and definitely 2 clicks will give it a test run tomorrow, also took the seat off and found a relay marked cruse no visible fault showing
When you take it for a ride IF it still will not set, instead of pulling the clutch, push out and hold the lever while you try to SET the cruise. There is a switch on the clutch.
If that is no help do the same to the front brake. Hold out on the lever while you try to SET the cruise. Also try holding the foot brake pedal UP with your toe and SET the cruise.
There is also a safety switch on the throttle but it seems to be less troublesome. That one almost has to be tested with a voltmeter.
Check back when you have done the clutch and brakes. There are 4 safety switches in total. They are front brake, "rear" brake, clutch and throttle. Any one not working properly and the cruise will not SET. Very common issue on many Wings of different years and sizes. :)

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
Absolutely agree. Just concerned about two different fuses blowing and two low beam bulbs burning out all at the same time. Coincidence or related?
That is odd for sure. Maybe some bad conclusions involved???? Sometimes you have to chase the mouse all over before you can corner him. :)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done all the lever push and hold out still no cruise My next step is to check the relay is working can any one help how i can check its working

·
Administrator
25,530 Posts
Done all the lever push and hold out still no cruise My next step is to check the relay is working can any one help how i can check its working
If the cruise light is on the relay is working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts