Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Courious as where you 1800 owners are keeping your air suspension setting. I'm a 200 pound guy on a 2003 and have been riding with my setting at 10. What are you guys running with one and two riders?

Tim (Sarge)

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I'm about 220, mine is at 17 for one up.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

195 and also at 10. At 15 for 2 up.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Your rear shock is filled with hydraulic oil and it has an electric pump on it that moves the center piston either up or down to level the load. Two up, single, heavily loaded, etc. It is a load leveler. (front shocks forks have no adjustment)

So basically the shock is the same strength all the time no matter what setting you have it on. It will bottom out sometimes on the lower settings over bumps, but a higher setting simply has given it more ground clearance.

It is personal preference, and many time I will change mine on a long day from one to the other, as a different seat angle will help with comfort , and or if you go to the mountains a higher angle to the front is better.

Kit

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

All of our police officers here in San Antonio have theirs all the way up all the time for faster manuvers and cornering. If you drive agressive all the time i would go higher. If you just drive it like a cadillac i would recommend 10. i am 250 lbs and when i ride 2 up i set it at 20. I can't feel any height differences kit. how much of a difference in seat height from 0 to 25?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Wild Turkey wrote:
All of our police officers here in San Antonio have theirs all the way up all the time for faster manuvers and cornering. If you drive agressive all the time i would go higher. If you just drive it like a cadillac i would recommend 10. i am 250 lbs and when i ride 2 up i set it at 20. I can't feel any height differences kit. how much of a difference in seat height from 0 to 25?
I suppose I will have to hold a tape measure up to the seat and try it. I do know it raises a bit. That is the only way I can put mine on the center stand is to set it at 25, I an not doing anything so I will go play and be right back. Kit

Mine moves 1/2 of an inch or so. Maybe 5/8, not a lot. It is enough you can tell the change in angle when riding but does seem not a lot.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

SargeEDCF wrote:
Courious as where you 1800 owners are keeping your air suspension setting. I'm a 200 pound guy on a 2003 and have been riding with my setting at 10. What are you guys running with one and two riders?

Tim (Sarge)
My understanding of the rear adjustment is that the lower settings give a "plush" soft ride whereas the higher settings give a "harsher" stiff ride.

Mine is set for 9 one up and 12 for two up - I prefer the softer ride. :cooldj:

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

I weigh about 210 dressed and used to run mine at 10 for easy riding and 15-18 for twisties, 1 up all the time. Since wising up and going darkside I leave it on 12 all the time.Still rides very good and handles good on the same setting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.